Author Topic: Sydney Scale Model Show (SSMS)  (Read 4063 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Sydney Scale Model Show (SSMS)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 05:40:07 AM »
I love the way this one has been done - the model is great and the use of real photos around the base, just superb!  Makes me want to find out the real story being illustrated.

Thanks for posting.

regards,

Greg
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:50:22 AM by GTX_Admin »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 02:14:15 AM »
Greg,

I love the way this one has been done - the model is great and the use of real photos around the base, just superb!  Makes me want to find out the real story being illustrated.

Thanks for posting.

regards,

Greg

The images surrounding the base of the model lead me to believe that this model of the T-34/76 was an attempt to represent a simple vignette of the recovery operation of that particular vehicle from the bottom of the lake where it had resided for many years.  This recovery operation was well documented on-line and via eMail with images of the recovery of the tank from the lake.  What was most surprising about this event was the diesel engine in this T-34 was started and run not long after the vehicle was hauled out of the lake.  The history behind this T-34/76 according to the documentation on-line was that the tank had been captured by the Germans and operated as a beutepanzer and it was while the tank was in their their possession that it rolled into the lake and sank out of sight. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline BadersBusCompany

• Profiler and Blanker...he did say Blanker...whew!
  • Profiler
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:08:26 AM »
Theres a clip og the T34 being hauled out
here
Driving trains when I'd rather be drawing planes!!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 09:45:16 AM »
Cool Guys.  Thanks.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 12:59:08 AM »
Stephen Neal has shared some images from the 2013 Sydney Scale Model Show (SSMS) event at Track-Link. 

Track-Link does not allow hot-linking to images so no teaser image is provided.  :(