Author Topic: Sea Bronco  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Alvis 3.1

• Self acknowledged "Bad Influence"…but probably less attractive than Pink
  • The high priest of whiffing
Sea Bronco
« on: August 13, 2018, 10:07:57 AM »
The North American Sea Bronco, or Seahorse in civilian service. While an actual specification in reality, the floats option was dropped and no OV-10 was produced with floats.
I feel it would make an awesome Fishing Adventures aircraft, with loads of storage for rods, gear, food, beer, life jackets, beer, inflatable raft, beer, and an anchor.

Alvis

Offline Alvis 3.1

Re: Sea Bronco
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 10:09:52 AM »
Work in progress, as I need to move the floats back (somehow screwed up their placement, bah!) and add some extras. It's the 1/72 Academy Bronco (a very very nice kit) and the floats from the Revell Germany/Matchbox Twin Otter.

Alvis

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 10:16:59 AM »
An ultimate bush plane!!!

Offline Alvis 3.1

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 10:42:07 AM »
While the ideas has been floating around in my head (see what I did there?) what finally got me to build it was a series of fake Action/Adventure book covers i've been making on Facebook for a year or so involving a fictional astronaut, Bad Bobby. The Sea bronco has appeared a few times on some covers.

Alvis

https://imgur.com/a/PT1jqx5

https://imgur.com/a/Ef24K2n
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:51:29 AM by Alvis 3.1 »

Offline Alvis 3.1

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 10:51:56 AM »
Okay, beats the #@#$!@ out of me how to post images here.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 01:04:57 PM »
All you do is copy the image location (right click on the image & select "copy image location"), paste it into where you want it, highlight the location descriptor, click on the "Insert Image" icon (looks like a framed picture, next to the big red circle icon with a white "f" in it).

Should look like (img]https://i.imgur.com/yXJXhSY.jpg[/img) but with square brackets at each end.
The size of the image can be adjusted by adding width=?? (where ?? is the desired width value in pixels), such as (img width=850]https://i.imgur.com/5z1vahr.png[/img).

I don't know how you "share" out of imgur but that can provide the location descriptor to paste into your post, too. The rest remains the same.

:smiley:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:32:41 PM by Old Wombat »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Alvis 3.1

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 01:21:41 PM »
Ok, seems to work now for me. Thanks.

Alvis

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 01:21:59 PM »
very cool

Offline ericr

• He's like some sort of Dr Frankenstein of modelling...
  • Has something for red, yellow or blue...
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 03:13:12 PM »

nice floatplanization !

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 05:20:55 PM »
Been used in lots of other roles so why not

Offline pigflyer

• If reality is real, give me whatif. Really?
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 08:19:25 PM »
Wow, really nice, and, (don't know if you thought of it but) room for beer too.

8)
If I don't plan it, it can't go wrong!

If it's great, I did it. If it's naff, I found it.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 10:39:16 PM »
Nice one Alvis, got a similar plan for one of these too

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 12:19:47 AM »
It needs some under wing hard points  added to carry an adequate supply of beer.  Drop tanks converted to coolers.

Carry on. This is making me want to add another OV-10 to the stash.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 07:18:58 AM »
That's a killer concept carried off with great aplomb!

Most excellent, Alvis!

Brian da Basher

Offline tankmodeler

• Wisely picking parts of the real universe 2 ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 11:46:08 PM »
It needs some under wing hard points  added to carry an adequate supply of beer.  Drop tanks converted to coolers.
No, no, too high up and over the water.

You build a cooler into the top surface of each float, silly man. Then you can land, open the top of a float and just reach down and grab a beer.

The top-of-the-line version has removable deck chairs and a fold-out BBQ built into the floats as well...

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »

You build a cooler into the top surface of each float, silly man. Then you can land, open the top of a float and just reach down and grab a beer.

The top-of-the-line version has removable deck chairs and a fold-out BBQ built into the floats as well...

And WASTE all that capacity in the floats?? Oh no, each float gets sealed off into an individual keg, tank her up at base and everyones happy!!

PS. Is the Canadian Dollar really that weak against the US dollar?
Were going to be finished in 2020 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - Maybe When Hell Freezes Over - again? - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Stud

Offline Alvis 3.1

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 12:56:54 AM »

And WASTE all that capacity in the floats?? Oh no, each float gets sealed off into an individual keg, tank her up at base and everyones happy!!

PS. Is the Canadian Dollar really that weak against the US dollar?

Good idea, you just have to either have cross connections between the floats are make sure you always drink the same amount from each one to ensure proper balance.
No, our dollar isn't that bad, it's my in joke at always getting screwed on exchange rates though.

Alvis