Author Topic: helicopter gunship ordinance  (Read 9820 times)

Offline Madhatter

• BTS's Tony Stark
  • trainee plastic surgeon
Re: helicopter gunship ordinance
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2015, 09:42:34 PM »
do you know what I've realised tonight?! (rhetoric question BTW) I have bought the wrong Live Resin set! It's for an Humvee or something - not a helo! DUH!!!!!!!! I am so stupid sometimes!
Just to prove this, here's the series of events that has happened since I posted those pictures:

I realised I bought the wrong LR set, so I went back to my original source of info and checked out the Live Resin website ( http://www.live-resin.com/h-w.html )

I then scoured eBay for the right set - product code LRE-35163 - CH-47 door gun set. I was unable to locate that particular item but I did find LRE-35164 - which is the window gun version of the same set for the CH-47 for relatively cheap ($26.00 AU shipped)

However, immediately after committing to buy and paying for it, this began to nag at me and so I went back to Live Resin and looked at their distributor list and checked out BNA, HLJ and Luckymodel - none of them had this set in stock.

I then checked Hobby Easy and low and behold - they had LRE-35163 for $21.65 AU - shipped. And so you can guess what I did next - that's right - I bought it.

So, now I have not one, not two but THREE mini-gun sets - of which only one I actually want.

Now, one would think that I should have done all that searching first BEFORE I spent all that money. But Nooooooo - not me. Spend first - think about it later.

Stupid.
God knows what I'll do with the other 2 - but I'm sure they'll come in handy one day for something else.... I hope! I shall post pics of both sets once they arrive so at least you can see what they're like

lesson learnt
2 Reasons why a model is better than a wife:
1) A model doesn't get jealous when you look at another model
2) A model doesn't yell at you for spending money on another model

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
Re: helicopter gunship ordinance
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 03:00:57 AM »
Do like I do, think carefully. buy one... buy the other the next day for additional shipping charge  ;D
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher