Author Topic: NATF 1/48  (Read 12921 times)

Offline zark

• Where are my Legos???
Re: NATF 1/48
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 01:18:55 AM »
Well...First of all the metallic shean is a MIX of Alclad and gunze "navy greys".

Jeffry...the F-22 is my favourite aircraft. I have built the Academy kit and I was veeeery happy with it, but...a month ago I build the Hase kit and now that I compare them the Hase looks better and is got mre detail added to the cockpit and all the "openings" such as the weapon and landing gear bays. I choose the Aca kit becouse is almost half the price of the Hase kit.

Here are the two kits...you can compare and decide

image hosting

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 02:11:56 AM »
Zark,

Thank you for the explanation.  You are right about the price differences on the two kits.  I always found the plastic in the Hasegawa kits to be much more brittle than the Academy product which has some resiliency to it. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »
Zark,

Thank you for the explanation.  You are right about the price differences on the two kits.  I always found the plastic in the Hasegawa kits to be much more brittle than the Academy product which has some resiliency to it.

I actually sold my Academy F-22 and bought the better hasegawa kit, because the price on the 'gawa kit dropped big time and you can snag one for about $30 now, though it originally retailed for something like $90!! So in some cases its actually cheaper than the academy kit. I basically sold my academy raptor for 30 and bought a hasegawa for 30:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/390833088610?lpid=82

http://www.amazon.com/Hasegawa-48-F-22-Raptor-USAF/dp/B0038JCAKI

HTH
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:56:43 PM by taiidantomcat »
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2014, 11:40:14 PM »
Zark,

I actually sold my Academy F-22 and bought the better hasegawa kit, because the price on the 'gawa kit dropped big time and you can snag one for about $30 now, though it originally retailed for something like $90!! So in some cases its actually cheaper than the academy kit. I basically sold my academy raptor for 30 and bought a hasegawa for 30:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/390833088610?lpid=82

http://www.amazon.com/Hasegawa-48-F-22-Raptor-USAF/dp/B0038JCAKI

HTH
Hi Ben,

Actually found the Hasegawa kit for cheap at Sprue Brothers LLC eStore for believe it or not, just $29.99 which is about $60.00 off the MSRP. 
If you want in on that action here is the link: Hasegawa 1:48th scale F-22 Raptor USAF (kit number 7245)

I like the Academy kit because it comes with a variety of ordnance unlike the Hasegawa kit.  So maybe a combining of the two kits gets you what you need in weapons and you still have an F-22 for kit-bashing :)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2014, 01:40:20 PM »
As previously said NATF build is "seamless" (like OOB) and finish on both is ideal. :)
If I had spray setup and experience would try that finish on a P-40.

Offline leptiprince

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 08:31:38 PM »
Excellent achievement ... I love the idea. How did you realize the cockpit? In the angradissnt and canopy?