Author Topic: Lauhof's profiles  (Read 288272 times)

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
Re: Lauhof's profiles
« Reply #400 on: August 07, 2013, 03:29:46 AM »
Thanks Mike,

Dutch ones are in the pipeline

regards
Lauhof

In 1940, when the Dutch government was in London, they desperately tried to obtain aircraft so they went to Grumman to buy the F3F's early versions. most of them were send to the Dutch Indies. The Dutch Navy (MLD) organised a bomber-fighter squadron with the F3F-1A's. They were stationed at Morokrembangan at Java, some of the planes were evacuated to Australia. The F3F-1's were send to the ML-KNil squadrons, the one showing here kept fighting at the west of Borneo until end of 1943 and later on moved to New Guinea. It wears already the authentic dutch roundel

regards
Lauhof

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:39:45 AM by lauhof52 »

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #401 on: August 07, 2013, 11:15:44 PM »
The Finnish Airforce (FAF) bought several F3F-1A's and equipped three squadrons with them. The big F3F-1A's were superior to the Rata's and Lagg-3. The Finnish pilots were fond of it. Here is one who lasted through 1944 from LLv 32:

In 1938 Latvia searched in Europe and the USA for planes to defend their homeland, with the war at hand with Finland and Russia Latvia bought the big F3F-1A and replaced the Gloster Gladiators. They were a real match against the russian airforce, but were outnumbered, several planes flew to Sweden. Here is one from 1st Squadron in 1939

regards
Lauhof

« Reply #402 on: August 08, 2013, 11:55:26 PM »
The SB3F is genius! Thumbs up for the Aussie 2-seater too!

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #403 on: August 09, 2013, 12:52:09 AM »
The SB3F is genius! Thumbs up for the Aussie 2-seater too!

Thanks!!!

regards
Lauhof

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #404 on: August 09, 2013, 02:34:38 AM »
I really like the Latvian one.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #405 on: August 09, 2013, 02:38:08 AM »
Thanks GTX!

During 1941 in all secrecy several Jewish refugees , who came to England, were trained as pilots. Due to the cruel way the Nazis handled the Jewish people, they did get their own squadron, No.116 squadron, the later Flying Wing squadron in Israel. They got also their own roundel. The squadron was send to North Africa to join the fight their against Rommel. They were the first to get the F3F-1B with closed canopy.

regards
Lauhof

and one with camouflaged roundel:

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:49:26 AM by lauhof52 »

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #406 on: August 10, 2013, 03:43:58 PM »
The CSN, who bought F2F-1 early version fighterplanes from Grumman in 1935, used some of them in 1939 with the outbreak of war as scoutplanes on board her carriers. The obsolete planes were sold to other countries, one of which was Lithuania. Here are the examples:

regards
Lauhof

Offline cptmike2012

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #407 on: August 14, 2013, 03:28:30 AM »
Thanks Mike,

regards
Lauhof

In 1940, when the Dutch government was in London, they desperately tried to obtain aircraft so they went to Grumman to buy the F3F's early versions. most of them were send to the Dutch Indies. The Dutch Navy (MLD) organised a bomber-fighter squadron with the F3F-1A's. They were stationed at Morokrembangan at Java, some of the planes were evacuated to Australia. The F3F-1's were send to the ML-KNil squadrons, the one showing here kept fighting at the west of Borneo until end of 1943 and later on moved to New Guinea. It wears already the authentic dutch roundel

regards
Lauhof

Hello Lauhof,

I've been out of touch with the "whiff" sites and just got back to them today.  Like very much your Dutch F3F's  :D  Interesting color scheme on the DWIAF example  :D  What was the inspiration for that one?  Do you think that some of these birds might migrate down to Mexico, Central and South America too?

Regards,

CPT Mike

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2013, 03:59:29 AM »
Thanks Mike,

regards
Lauhof

regards
Lauhof

Hello Lauhof,

I've been out of touch with the "whiff" sites and just got back to them today.  Like very much your Dutch F3F's  :D  Interesting color scheme on the DWIAF example  :D  What was the inspiration for that one?  Do you think that some of these birds might migrate down to Mexico, Central and South America too?

Regards,

CPT Mike

Thanks Mike for the compliment, couldn't point out your DWIAF -notification - do you mean the jewish raf here or the IAF ones from 'Profiles & GCI'. Maybe you could be more specific on it so i know what you like for the south-american subject.

regards
Lauhof

Offline cptmike2012

« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2013, 11:02:55 PM »
Thanks Mike,

regards
Lauhof

regards
Lauhof

Hello Lauhof,

Regards,

CPT Mike

Thanks Mike for the compliment, couldn't point out your DWIAF -notification - do you mean the jewish raf here or the IAF ones from 'Profiles & GCI'. Maybe you could be more specific on it so i know what you like for the south-american subject.

regards
Lauhof

Sorry Lauhof, I got that DWIAF-thing all screwed up  ;D  I meant to abbreviate Dutch East Indies Air Force  :)  As for the South American F3F's - say, perhaps, Brazil and Argentina.  And while not "South America", I was also thinking Mexico.

As always, looking forward to your next series of excellent profiles...

Best regards,

CPT Mike

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2013, 11:46:08 PM »
Thanks Mike,

regards
Lauhof

regards
Lauhof

Hello Lauhof,

Regards,

CPT Mike

regards
Lauhof

Sorry Lauhof, I got that DWIAF-thing all screwed up  ;D  I meant to abbreviate Dutch East Indies Air Force  :)  As for the South American F3F's - say, perhaps, Brazil and Argentina.  And while not "South America", I was also thinking Mexico.

Best regards,

CPT Mike

Okay! The coloring from the GR-55 from the MLD is from a real Catalina, flewn by the Dutch in 1942, the profil colors from the DEIAF is from the Brewster Buffalo from the same squadron. I look into a Mexican one.

regards
Lauhof

Offline cptmike2012

« Reply #411 on: August 16, 2013, 03:34:09 AM »
Thanks Mike,

regards
Lauhof

regards
Lauhof

Hello Lauhof,

Regards,

CPT Mike

regards
Lauhof

Best regards,

CPT Mike

Okay! The coloring from the GR-55 from the MLD is from a real Catalina, flewn by the Dutch in 1942, the profil colors from the DEIAF is from the Brewster Buffalo from the same squadron. I look into a Mexican one.

regards
Lauhof

Muy bien y muchas gracias senor Lauhof!  :D  I will be looking forward to seeing una F3F en los colores del Fuerza Aerea Mexicana!  My Spanish is obviously very rusty!!  :o
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:35:48 AM by cptmike2012 »

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #412 on: August 16, 2013, 06:26:57 PM »
The Curtiss YP-23 was at last rejected by the USAAS as fighter, but the CSA were interested and asked Grumman and Curtiss to develop it. They choose the basic fuselage of the F2F and the SBC ans made a new biplane fighter. It was fast and handling was easy, so the plane was ordered by the CSN as the F2CF-1 and the CSAAF as the P-23. The early version of the P-23 had no closed cockpit, several of them were ordred by the Mexican Airforce (FAM). Here are the examples of the CSAAF and the FAM:

regards
Lauhof

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #413 on: August 16, 2013, 10:29:43 PM »
That engine really changes the look of the Grumman.  Very nice.  What's the point of it, though, since that's the same engine as the normal F2F and F3F-1?

Cheers,

Logan

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #414 on: August 16, 2013, 11:28:37 PM »
That engine really changes the look of the Grumman.  Very nice.  What's the point of it, though, since that's the same engine as the normal F2F and F3F-1?

Cheers,

Logan

Thanks Logan, you're right about the engine but it looks nice in the profile.

regards
Lauhof

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #415 on: August 17, 2013, 11:31:24 PM »
From the past, a different Twin-Corsair...

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2013, 04:46:55 PM »
From the past, a different Twin-Corsair...

WOW! Tophe! This is TOP! 8)

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #417 on: August 18, 2013, 08:03:45 PM »
Hi Tophe,

Adjusted a little bit and made the topdrawing of it!

regards
lauhof
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 03:44:22 AM by lauhof52 »

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #418 on: August 18, 2013, 09:05:52 PM »
Wonderful, lauhof, thanks a lot! :-* :-* :-*

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #419 on: August 19, 2013, 01:37:11 AM »
and here is the single-engined of it (thanks again!):

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #420 on: August 19, 2013, 03:27:22 AM »
and here is the single-engined of it (thanks again!):

Very good Tophe! My compliments!

regards
Lauhof

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #421 on: August 20, 2013, 12:27:41 AM »
And the 833 modified as twin-seater:

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #422 on: August 20, 2013, 02:00:20 AM »
And the 833 modified as twin-seater:

Very Nice one!! :P

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #423 on: August 20, 2013, 02:27:52 AM »
other twinseater!

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #424 on: August 20, 2013, 02:43:07 AM »
Mmmmm....that last one needs a radar pod and coat of glossy black  8)

Keep 'em coming man!!!!!
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous