Author Topic: M41 Walker ''Bulldog'' Light Tank  (Read 58734 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: M41 Walker ''Bulldog'' Light Tank
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2024, 03:53:37 PM »
At my preferred Australian online shops;

Tamiya's 1/35 M41 Walker Bulldog is going for about AU$27.50 at the moment.

Hobby Boss' 1/35 LAV-150 Commando AFV w/Cockerill 90mm Gun is priced at about AU$40.50 (which is stupidly high, imo) but is out of stock.

If you're willing to accept the alternate, then the Hobby Boss 1/35 LAV-150 APC 90mm Mecar Gun is a couple of dollars cheaper at AU$38.50 (again, over-priced, imo) & is also out of stock.

This would leave you with a M41 turret to put on a LAV-150. ;)

I would assume that in the US prices would be both lower in raw number & real value.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline ChalkLine

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: M41 Walker ''Bulldog'' Light Tank
« Reply #126 on: Today at 06:01:24 PM »
Yeah, I just got another M41 for $24AUS which is like 20c in real country money. They're like eating macadamias, it's impossible to stop at one.

Slat Armour is piquing my interest at the moment. I'm wondering what a good basic vehicle to look at over on Prime Portal would be to crib slat armour mounts off.

I also found some Dragon Viet Cong (National Liberation Front of South Vietnam) Sappers in the stash and I thought the M41 knocked out might make a good setting for them, I know Star Decals does a nice set of decals for an ARVN M41 but that would mean yet another of the bulldogs