Author Topic: Beowulf's real world builds  (Read 14680 times)

Offline Wulf

• Does a lot of real world stuff..the deviant!!!
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
Re: Beowulf's real world builds
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 02:20:34 AM »
been taking things slow modelling wise just recently.....not done much at all although i can see things getting busier in the next few months. even got a few whiffs planned.  :o december and january should be interesting, ;D

done a few 'normal' things recently

airfix 1/48 Baders Spit...done for a Spit GB somewhere

AMT/Ertl 1/25 Dodge Charger 'General Lee' from Dukes of Hazzard.....absolute dog of a kit, if anyone is thinking of getting this kit my advice is DONT!

I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 02:24:13 AM »
 :) :)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline ChrisF

• Doesn't mind rough when he knows its gonna be rough...
  • Ham-fisted? Maybe. Master modeller? Definitely!
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 05:50:19 AM »
Very nice work !  I have that Bader Spitfire in my stash... Anything i should know about it ?  :)

Offline Doom!

• Slayer of pixels and plastic!
  • Glad to be here!
    • Doom Island 2
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »
Some very nice work, I especially like the Russian Sherman. Would be cool to see the General Lee in a diorama just leaving the ground as in so many episodes  ;)
Doom!
Jeff G.

Offline Wulf

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 12:38:08 AM »
thanks guys

I have that Bader Spitfire in my stash... Anything i should know about it ?  :)

only that the instructions are confusing........parts look nothing like how they are represented on the instructions,....thats how i ended up using the wrong tail wheel  >:(......the kit itself goes together with no drama but the instructions are iffy
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel!

Offline ChrisF

• Doesn't mind rough when he knows its gonna be rough...
  • Ham-fisted? Maybe. Master modeller? Definitely!
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 02:53:50 AM »
Lovely... Im looking forward to getting started on it... I have a few other builds first though.. Next up a AZ model Spitfire VII

Offline Wulf

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 06:29:23 AM »
jeez.....has it really been nearly three years since ive been in here????

ive never stopped building stuff

did a speedbuild whiff a while back.....PM Models Fokker XX! in Swiss use

and a Red Arrows BAE Viper

1/24 Mini Grasstracker..........was supposed to be a replica of the car my brother raced back in the 90s.....couldnt get the union jack paint job right so gave up and did a made up scheme instead

1/12 Ducati 900.....won best of class at the recent Northern Model Show with this.....first placing ive ever had.....technically a whiff cos they only ever did it in black, silver or blue/silver lol

1/35 Vickers E tank.....bought for a fiver to practice a few things on and really enjoyed it

1/24 dragster built for a 'bigger than 12 inch' gb somewhere

1/35 Whippet tank by Emhar

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 10:40:42 AM »
Some seriously good builds there, mate! :)

The Mini, the Duc & the Whippet are the show-stoppers for me! ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 04:06:50 AM »
 :)

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2015, 07:52:24 AM »
Very Nice builds

Offline 35th-scale

• On first name terms with someone called Nathan...
  • I wonder what scale he builds in???
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2015, 09:38:38 PM »
Lovely stuff but the Red Arrows sci-fi would be my favourite

Offline Wulf

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2015, 01:44:50 AM »
Lovely stuff but the Red Arrows sci-fi would be my favourite

i made that just over a year ago before the scots had their referendum and we had the recent election

this was the back story to it

2035 Red Arrows BAE Viper F1

It's the year 2035 and the Red Arrows unveils its new mount.....the all new BAE Viper F1

2016.....Scotland and Wales gain independence and formally leave the United Kingdom, and within 2 years are full members of the EU, their applications rushed through.

England and Northern Ireland continue as the New United Kingdom, The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man become full members of the NUK, ceasing to be Crown Dependencies

In 2018 an unexpected General Election is called, after a vote of no confidence is passed against Prime Minister Clegg (he takes over the Premiership after the sudden resignation of Cameron after the MacTavish-Romanov bribery scandal becomes public along with his alleged affair with Katie Price)

It comes as a big surprise to the Conservatives and Labour when a new emerging party, The Common Sense Party, sweeps unanimously to victory. tired of all the inter party feuding and scandals the population decide they want someone new in power.

By the end of 2019 the CS Party has kept its electioneering promises.  After a referendum, the NUK leaves the EU.  It feels the benefits are not worth what it pays to the EU and cuts its losses

Not being tied to the regulations enforced by Brussels the new Government does what it feels best for the NUK. Immigration ceases, not just from Europe but from anywhere!

Unemployment is tackled by real investment in industry and infrastructure, cash is re-directed from overseas 'charitable donations' to fund this

The Armed Forces, for years run down are expanded,  given new tasks with disaster management, airport/seaport security.  The Navy role is mainly of fishery and oil resources protection, and border enforcement. The RAF enforces air space protection, maritime patrol and transport duties.

heavy investment in alternative energies as well as nuclear power will reduce relying on imported oil/gas/electricity from Europe

By 2025 the NUK is in a good condition,  something that cannot be said for the rest of Europe. The EU goes bankrupt and is dissolved, much to the dismay of France and Germany. It will take many many years for mainland Europe to recover from yet another recession.

By 2026 Scotland and Wales are bankrupt and are asking to rejoin the NUK. This doesn't come cheaply for them, they have to sign away all rights to independence for 199 years, dissolution of self governance and pledge allegiance to King William V, all control of their energy resources come under control of Westminster

By 2030 NUK is the major player in western Europe

A financial and industrial powerhouse, non reliant on others for power (thanks to nuclear power plants, coastal wind farms and tidal energy farms, solar power and the new oil/gas fields found off the coast of Northern Ireland), unemployment at an all time low for 50 years,  it finds itself a major exporter of everything from  electricity to food

Military hardware in particular is sort after by other parts of the globe, especially since traditional exporters of France and Germany are drastically reduced in ability.

In 2035 BAE unveils its newest aircraft, the Viper F1, powered by the new Rolls-Royce Guillemot engine, which runs on the new XP7  hi performance bio fuel developed by BP.  It is to replace the disliked and underperforming F35 that entered service in the '20s and is well past its replacement date. its hoped that the Viper will become a major export, and to help with promoting it, the first  aircraft are allocated to the Red Arrows who go on a world tour

Shown is  Captain Paul 'Scarlet' Metcalfe's  aircraft

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2015, 02:58:34 AM »
The Common Sense Party. Love it.  ;D
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2015, 03:35:27 AM »
non reliant on others for power (thanks to nuclear power plants...

Kind of interested to know where the NUK would find their source of nuclear 'fuel'...

Offline Wulf

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2015, 06:08:57 AM »
non reliant on others for power (thanks to nuclear power plants...

Kind of interested to know where the NUK would find their source of nuclear 'fuel'...

hush man, we dont worry about little details like that lol

we got it from south africa.....we didnt ask where 'they' got it from lol