Author Topic: Resident Evil tank  (Read 5978 times)

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
Resident Evil tank
« on: April 19, 2012, 07:28:51 AM »
After I posted this pic on another site,I was dared to build it. :o

I wish I didn't go overboard on the weathering. 1/35

Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Resident Evil tank
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 08:06:24 AM »
Nice work, Zod! You sure got that "well-worn" look down pat.

Brian da Basher

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 08:14:04 AM »
Nice work, Zod! You sure got that "well-worn" look down pat.

Brian da Basher
Thanks Brian. :)
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline Jacques Deguerre

• Older and fatter but not wiser.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 10:41:20 AM »
Actually, I think the heavy weather helps convey the post-apoc, cobbled together feel of this machine.

I would still love to discover the story behind the 1/1 tank you based this on. That's some wild real-world kit bashing.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 02:11:54 AM »
Actually, I think the heavy weather helps convey the post-apoc, cobbled together feel of this machine.

I would still love to discover the story behind the 1/1 tank you based this on. That's some wild real-world kit bashing.
Thanks Jaques :) I found the real world image while looking for gun travel locks on Shermans.

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 05:34:33 AM »
There is photographic evidence showing the cupola from the Sherman mounted on the M48 Patton tanks in Israeli service.  So when the diameter of the hole in the turret remains a constant you have many more options than what was standard. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 05:41:55 AM »
There is photographic evidence showing the cupola from the Sherman mounted on the M48 Patton tanks in Israeli service.  So when the diameter of the hole in the turret remains a constant you have many more options than what was standard.
Cool. :icon_beer: I heard the IDF was not fond of the M48/M60 cupolas.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 03:53:03 AM »
Looks good - I don't think the weathering is overdone - just looks like it was either in a dust/sad storm or even just travelled across a stretch of extremely dust terrain.

Anyway, I like heavily weathered tanks...here is one I did ages ago (look hard, you will see a tank under all that weathering ;)):

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 05:43:33 AM »
Thanks Greg.That Panther looks great. :icon_beer: