Author Topic: Airfix 1/72 Lockheed F-104G Starfighter ("Purse out of a sow's ear build" #1)  (Read 3027 times)

Airfix 1/72 Lockheed F-104G Starfighter

This is the first of what I called "Purse out of a sow's ear" builds. I added extra drop tanks and pylons and made some under-fuselage rails for the Sidewinders. I am not sure if the kit codes appeared on the original silver Luftwaffe machines before they adopted camouflage but never mind!

Dave
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:00:48 AM by davecov »
DaveCov - Creator of The Airfix Tribute Forum.

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." - Salvador Dali

Offline uncle les

• Aussie Whiffer Extraordinaire!
  • The man behind the models of the same name...
Ahhh  nostalgia.  My uncle in Tassie gave me one of these for my 7th birthday in 1970 - I still have it box in the RCAF red tail scheme and the box it came in. It was old stock that he had in his furniture shop ( yes - a furniture shop in Ulverstone that had more than just kitchen tables and comfy chairs ) and visiting us in Melbourne he gave me the kit and after it transpired that he had more of these "ye olde Airfix aeroplanes" kits I put in my order for the next 6 birthdays and Christmases and insisted we spend our holidays in northern Tassie.
Thanks for braving another Airfix artefact.

Offline FAAMAN

• 'bin building for years ....... and it feels it!
  • Always thought of himself as a 'straight' modeller
Regardless of build and accuracy issues, you've done very well indeed to produce this "lawn dart" :D :D
"Resistance is useless, prepare to be assembled!"