Author Topic: Mirage III Ideas and Inspiration  (Read 73685 times)

Offline Kelmola

• Seeking motivation to start buillding the stash
Re: Mirage III Ideas and Inspiration
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2023, 04:35:32 PM »
If it can inspire some, and following Greg suggestion for Japan (which start to gave me some idea  ;D), I took a look in one of my Mirage III books and found this list of some Dassault's prospect for the Mirage III/5/50:
The list is missing Finland. In 1961, Finnish Air Force tested Mirage IIIC and Draken A, preferring the former to be acquired due to being a more finished product. Then, the Soviet Union abruptly changed their offering from MiG-19 (which had been ignored as obsolescent) to MiG-21F-13 and that was chosen by politicians instead.

« Reply #226 on: April 06, 2023, 10:55:42 PM »
The list is missing Finland. In 1961, Finnish Air Force tested Mirage IIIC and Draken A, preferring the former to be acquired due to being a more finished product. Then, the Soviet Union abruptly changed their offering from MiG-19 (which had been ignored as obsolescent) to MiG-21F-13 and that was chosen by politicians instead.
Good to know, thanks for the information  :D
I check again the book in case I missed it and it's not listed. The chapter start with the mention "not exhaustive" meaning some might be missing and you confirmed it with Finland.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2023, 01:00:49 AM »
Finland is another interesting one.  Here's one someone did earlier:

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.