Author Topic: Stargazer2006's imaginary aircraft  (Read 161244 times)

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
Re: Stargazer2006's imaginary aircraft
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 10:13:13 AM »
Thanks Stéphane.
Well, in this World, it is maybe more complicated. According to me, it is fully wonderful when your creation inspires creations of mine, like multiplying creation of each one, turning fans into creators themselves. But... a lawyer may argue, saying this is Copying without paying the price for it... Well, with Internet sharing, I hope this will never be such a nightmare. You are using a realist picture to invent a fake art, I am using your creation to make one of mine, a modeller may turn this into plastic, everyone is happy, with no money involved at all, just hobby and fun. I hope. So... thanks again Stargazer, from the bottom of my heart... :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:16:11 AM by Tophe »

Stargazer2006

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2012, 04:36:18 PM »
I couldn't agree more. Creation is a living process! It should be shared, expanded upon, reinvented... I think our modern world puts WAY too much emphasis on intellectual propriety when in fact it would be more honest to just acknowledge that every creator draws his inspiration from other sources himself. If I had my way in this world, the copyright system would be there just to guarantee an author's RECOGNITION that would give him/her the paternity and a right to accept/refuse any further uses of his work, but not to guarantee any lifelong fees or revenues paid to him for his "inventions." (I'm talking here about art, not patents of course).

Offline RussC

• Our own personal dragon trainer...with a flying wing fetish
  • Resident Painter
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2012, 04:38:59 AM »
I couldn't agree more. Creation is a living process! It should be shared, expanded upon, reinvented... I think our modern world puts WAY too much emphasis on intellectual propriety when in fact it would be more honest to just acknowledge that every creator draws his inspiration from other sources himself. If I had my way in this world, the copyright system would be there just to guarantee an author's RECOGNITION that would give him/her the paternity and a right to accept/refuse any further uses of his work, but not to guarantee any lifelong fees or revenues paid to him for his "inventions." (I'm talking here about art, not patents of course).

Well said, both of you.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 05:31:46 AM »
Well said, both of you.

Agreed. Protect patents, share artwork!
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2012, 06:15:47 AM »
At least in Whif-World we aren't really beholding to the wankers -- the RAF seems to have someone determined to stop use of "their" roundel by everyone else including modellers & pixel-artists :icon_fsm:

We need to create a whole new set of national symbols for real-world countries to avoid this. :-\

Offline apophenia

« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 06:38:43 AM »
Oh dear, time to re-set the 'Wanker Alert' buzzer! In the off chance that sense should break out amongst lawyers, I'd like to see such 'rights' legally restricted to 1/1 scale.
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2012, 06:58:38 AM »
At least in Whif-World we aren't really beholding to the wankers -- the RAF seems to have someone determined to stop use of "their" roundel by everyone else including modellers & pixel-artists :icon_fsm:

We need to create a whole new set of national symbols for real-world countries to avoid this. :-\

Well Richard ( aka Gekko1) did an alternative UK or RAF one a while back...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Stargazer2006

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2012, 05:59:12 PM »
If the RAF starts sueing people for using their roundels on whif profiles, then I guess my fake photos make me eligible for a full lifetime sentence in "gaol" (makes it more English...).

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:02 PM »
And if a modeller has bought two kits, Typhoon and Rafale, a policeman will come and knock his door, to check (pistol in hand), that the roundels have not been inverted... I like this policeman job, far more easy than fighting armed bandits... ;)

Stargazer2006

Stargazer2006's imaginary aircraft: Grumman G-66C Chinese Cat (Biao)
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2012, 04:32:21 AM »
Certainly not too late.  A damn fine idea I think.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm glad there is a 15 April deadline...

I have only one word to say: Grumman...  ;)

Completely FORGOT to submit the whif I had prepared for the occasion. In fact I remember now: I had left it aside to rework it a bit (fuselage seemed to long compared to plans) but then I went on holiday and completely forgot about it... What a disappointment!!!

Anyway, here it is "as is", for your enjoyment (hopefully...). The Grumman G-66C, known inhouse as The Chinese Cat. Officially the U.S. Navy canceled the XTSF-1 torpedo-bomber program before a prototype could be completed. The truth of the matter, however, is that the prototype had been partly completed, so that when Free China requested a multi-purpose aircraft from Grumman for possible local production, they merely took the unfinished G-66 prototype and finished it as the Chinese Cat. Due to rising tensions with Communist China the aircraft was test-flown in secrecy and shipped in crates to Formosa. It is unclear why the aircraft never reached its destinatation, but some sources pretend that a Communist Tupolev SB bomber raided the ship a few miles from the Chinese coasts. Anyway, that was the end of the aircraft which was to have been the GJ-1 (Biaoor "tiger cat").

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2012, 04:35:59 AM »
but then I went on holiday and completely forgot about it.

Those holidays are bad for you, I tells you... ;)

Great work still.

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2012, 05:41:10 AM »
Lovely plane, Stéphane!  It definitely looks too much like a B-25 to my eyes for my brain to accept it's a Grumman, though.  As a HUGE NAA buff, however, that's not a bad thing, aesthetically.

Cheers,

Logan

Stargazer2006

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2012, 06:07:34 AM »
Lovely plane, Stéphane!  It definitely looks too much like a B-25 to my eyes for my brain to accept it's a Grumman, though.  As a HUGE NAA buff, however, that's not a bad thing, aesthetically.

And yet you'd be surprised... This was fashioned as closely as possible to the original G-66 (XTSF-1) project. Look at the attachments for comparison!

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2012, 07:01:17 AM »
Oh, I'm familiar with the XTSF, but the image still has a lot of the B-25 in my eye  ;)  It looks very nice, though!

Cheers,

Logan

« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2012, 07:18:22 AM »
Love the Chinese Cat!

Stargazer2006

« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2012, 11:27:23 PM »
Remember the Republic AP-75 project? It was the company LRI (Long Range Interceptor) entry for the WS-202A program.

Well, imagine that Republic gave it a "Thunder-..." name, promoted it through a brochure, and you happened on one of the company's marketing executives in the early 1960s. Probably it would have looked something like this...

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2012, 12:05:36 AM »
I've been thinking that if the AP-75 could be fitted with the turbo-ramjet engine of the XF-103 while preserving the rest of the design features (I think the Thunderchief influence is too iconic to let go), the result might be even more super-cool.  ;)
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2012, 03:30:27 AM »
Nice work. :)

Offline arc3371

• Takes no responsibility should anyone try to turn the drawings into plastic...but we will still hold him accountable for the madness that ensues!!!
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2012, 04:35:27 AM »
Interesting stuff

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2012, 08:11:46 AM »
Nice! The AP-75 is a real looker and your brochure shows it off well.

Offline apophenia

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2012, 09:38:29 AM »
Excellent concept (and execution) Stéphane  :)

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2012, 10:44:46 AM »
I've been thinking that if the AP-75 could be fitted with the turbo-ramjet engine of the XF-103 while preserving the rest of the design features (I think the Thunderchief influence is too iconic to let go), the result might be even more super-cool.  ;)
That's rather less power than the AP-75 used, it was spec'd with two J75's.  I'm thinking that the inlets and center fuselage of a 1/48 scal F-105 mated with the wings and tail surfaces of a 1/72 F-103 and bits from a couple of 1/72 F-105s (I"m thinking front seat and canopy from an early Revell F-105 plus the aft ends of a couple of them (for the nozzles without speed brakes) plus a F-105F second seat would give you a good start.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2012, 10:46:17 AM »
Remember the Republic AP-75 project? It was the company LRI (Long Range Interceptor) entry for the WS-202A program.

Well, imagine that Republic gave it a "Thunder-..." name, promoted it through a brochure, and you happened on one of the company's marketing executives in the early 1960s. Probably it would have looked something like this...

Gorgeous work on the brochure and model.

Stargazer2006

« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2012, 10:59:50 PM »
Thanks for the kudos folks! I'm glad you appreciate that different sort of photo-composition. Will do more in the future...

Meanwhile... Here is the Convair Dartmaster, a scaled-down fighter/light bomber derivative of the Hustler.

I also provide a comparative view with the Hustler profile I used as a basis so you can appreciate the differences between the two.

Offline Doom!

• Slayer of pixels and plastic!
  • Glad to be here!
    • Doom Island 2
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2012, 11:19:47 PM »
Beautiful presentation on the Thunderbird Stephane.  :-*
Doom!
Jeff G.