Current and Finished Projects > Land

'76 Ford Torino “Starsky and Hutch Tv serie”- Revell 1:25

<< < (2/3) > >>

apophenia:

--- Quote from: Story on April 10, 2024, 08:11:44 PM ---... spent more on bondo than I did for the car itself...

--- End quote ---

That rings bells!  ;D

Back on the modelling side ... ominously, I can see no obvious Federal Standard colour match for Bondo Red. Beware of FS nutbar/rivet-counter reactions to any 1/24 portraits of your old rides   :o

Kerick:
The Bondo spot putty I use contains red oxide so that’s the color. I’d stick with that.

Story:

--- Quote from: apophenia on April 11, 2024, 06:03:09 AM --- Beware of FS nutbar/rivet-counter reactions to any 1/24 portraits of your old rides   :o

--- End quote ---

I don't recollect having any remaining photos, probably because "admissible evidence".

This looks to be a good brown-color starting point, then add a decade of New England salt-weathering before it wound up with me.
Rust rot was in the quarter panels, IIRC

Now that we're triggering latent memories, I think the Bondo was more of a flat pink.  Maybe that's due to how I mixed it?

--- Quote from: apophenia on April 10, 2024, 03:12:14 AM ---
Anyone else suddenly hearing Blue Öyster Cult ?  ;D

--- End quote ---

All I remember hearing was what I could pull in on the AM radio, which was interesting on the maiden (solo) voyage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56qRqHfSRQ

apophenia:
Totally believable build, Story! I particularly like all the scale trees in the background  ;)

--- Quote from: Story on April 12, 2024, 05:20:55 AM ---... I think the Bondo was more of a flat pink.  Maybe that's due to how I mixed it? ...

--- End quote ---

From memory, the deeper the colour, the more 'sandable' the Bondo. For me flat pink needed a grater  :o

Rod: Eagerly awaiting fresh developments ... and sorry for the on-going nostalgia hijack  :-[

Rod The Fixer:
Engine completed ...

by Rodolfo Masti, on Flickr

Interior almost completed ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page