Poll

who wants more profiles of civil subjects ??

No thanks
18 (31%)
YES !!!
40 (69%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Raafif's profiles  (Read 182611 times)

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
Re: Raafif's profiles
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 01:23:11 PM »
Many pleasant ones, thanks!

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 06:19:08 PM »
Very cool stuff......

Online raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2012, 01:26:42 PM »
This is the Arado entry for the Luftwaffe's strike-bomber competition -- (against the TSR-2).

Cam suggestions ??  I've seen Luftwaffe Phantoms in light-grey&brown and green/dk.grey.

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »
Pleasant!

Offline Doom!

• Slayer of pixels and plastic!
  • Glad to be here!
    • Doom Island 2
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »
Very cool!  :)
Doom!
Jeff G.

Offline JP Vieira

• The Challenge Master!!!
    • What-If World
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2012, 01:11:58 AM »
Nice ones

Online raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2012, 06:05:55 AM »
more ...

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2012, 06:22:46 AM »
Cool! Your Ar-534 could just as easily be a sub for the VTOL VAK-191.
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 05:07:15 AM »
Great stuff, raafif! I really like how you added twin-tails to a DC-3 to turn it into a most believable bomber. Fantastic!

Brian da Basher

Offline AXOR

• Our returned Monkey Box man
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 05:21:42 AM »
Certainly ''Arado-Ar 534'' is an interesting and beautiful aircraft,and deserves more paint schemes...great job Raafif !

Alex
Alex

Offline JP Vieira

• What-If World
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2012, 05:26:45 AM »
These Arados are amazing

Online raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2012, 05:57:15 AM »
Great stuff, raafif! I really like how you added twin-tails to a DC-3 to turn it into a most believable bomber. Fantastic!

Brian da Basher

thanks Brian ......... just wait till M.A.D. gets his story written then you'll see a few even more mind-boggling DC-3 twin-tails :o

apophenia -- "Cool! Your Ar-534 could just as easily be a sub for the VTOL VAK-191."

actually the profile IS a Yak-38U , I thought it had an "Arado" look to it (some captured design paperwork probably helped)  so I cheated & just changed the nationality & cam :icon_crap:

Offline apophenia

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2012, 10:17:32 AM »
raafif: Oh I got it! I was just thinking that a 'German' Yak-38 would make a great stand-in for the 3-engined VFW VAK 191 VTOL strike fighter of the early '70s.

http://www.aviastar.org/air/inter/vak-191.php
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Online raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2012, 03:53:36 PM »
inspired by dy031101 & others on ShipBucket ....

After the bombing of Peenemünde, the High Command ordered several "air-cap" ships to be stationed in the Baltic to intercept the Allied bombers.  The concept was that the ships could re-position as needed as well as, not being fixed, evade bombing raids themselves - a fate that had befallen the many of the protective Luftwaffe airfields surrounding Germany's best experimental establishment.

This scene shows the cap-ship launching a He-162 off the angled bow catapult and one Natter aft while two others are prepared.  Two Natters are already in the air and a third, having expended its AA-rockets & fuel is about to ditch back at the ship -- a Focke-Achgelis Fa-232 helicopter is coming in to pick the pilot out of the drink & another waits on the rear-deck ready to take-off if needed.

Offline JP Vieira

• What-If World
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2012, 12:10:27 AM »
Very interesting

Offline Rafael

• El capitán del Cartón
  • Head of the Venezuelan Brigade
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2012, 12:34:12 AM »
Great!!! Natters are the ideal point-defense interceptors. Genius!!!!
I don't take life seriously. I'm not getting out of it alive anyways.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2012, 02:07:17 AM »
Hmmm...interesting.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2012, 05:58:48 AM »
That is a creative ship idea for the German's situation.  An element of Luft 46.
Nice to look at and ponder.  :)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2012, 07:32:16 AM »
Awesome!  ;D

I wonder, however, if aircraft-launching facilities can all be concentrated aft and maybe the aft superstructure be made into a servicing point for all aircraft.  After being serviced and/or prepared for sortie, the He-162 can be moved straight to the catapult, Ba 349 to launch rails, and Fa 232 to the helipad.
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline RussC

• Our own personal dragon trainer...with a flying wing fetish
  • Resident Painter
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2012, 07:33:33 AM »
Amazing gallery is amassing here, great work Raafif.

Online raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 07:36:11 AM »
here's the Bristol Beaufort Mk.III --- this isn't a whif but was a real proposal for replacing the Taurus engines but Merlins were needed for Spits & Lancs so, like Oz, they opted for P&W R-1830s.  Drawing is a cut & paste of the HighPlanes Beaufort & Beaufighter Mk.II box-arts -- you can easily do the same with the plastic parts.

a few more ideas ...

ex-KM Lürssen MTBs of 1st Squadron, Tasmanian Navy

Fairey Penguin of Strike Squadron 1, Tassie Tiger Air Force with practice "torpedo".

Bristol Sea-Elephant (Beaufort Mk.13) of Strike Squadron 3, Tassie Tiger Air Force.

read their story here ...
http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1097.0

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2012, 08:36:16 AM »

Fairey Penguin of Strike Squadron 1, Tassie Tiger Air Force with practice "torpedo".

At first I thought this was the MK. XIII anti-personnel log.   ;D
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline apophenia

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
Love the Tassie stuff. Clever on the Penguin's practice torpedo as well -- torpedo recovery efforts would be dictated by the current market price for hardwoods  ;D

Online raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2012, 06:02:23 AM »
well, at that time Huon Pine was very plentiful .... now it's very rare & just as expensive as a real torpedo.  Huon Pine is heavy & sinks in water, but doesn't rot so at present there's an industry for divers recovering logs that were lost in shipping on the rivers :)

a couple more I "found" in my photobucket album ...

armed & armoured excavator, used to dig out underground forts, Second Battle of the Maginot Line, 1964.  Armour is internal, protecting vital parts only.

SdKfz.225 -- to give better cross-country ability in the soft sand of Nth Africa, Rommel suggested that the SdKfz-250 be given an extended chassis.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2012, 06:07:52 AM »

My that looks familiar ;):

Except that I called mine the DAP N-7 Wandabaa (aboriginal for Eaglehawk).  I certainly wouldn't have thought of the practice torpedoes though - great idea! :)

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.