Author Topic: Sd.Kfz. 481 Götterdämmerung  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Antonio Sobral

• Building and painting tiny little things!
  • Greetings from Portugal
Sd.Kfz. 481 Götterdämmerung
« on: October 26, 2018, 08:20:54 PM »
Hi guys

Another project that has been "marinating" on the bench for way too many months ...

It began with the remains of a Karl Morser 41, a sdkfz 251 and other assorted bits and pieces, which,
when assembled together, produced this:

As you can see, it was used for tests with those "chipping" liquids.

When the "chipping fever" was over, I painted it in a more "normal" color ...

But as I like mobility, I gave up the fixed pedestal, and went looking for some wheels :)

And to endure that whole weight, nothing better than an Elephant!

In this case a SdKfz 184 "lowered-back" Elefant ...

And after a layer of paint to make the whole thing more uniform, at the moment it looks like this:

So now you already understand the origin of 481. It is 184 in reverse.

As for the Götterdämmerung, it means "The Twilight of the Gods" in German,
and comes from the archaic Nordic term "Ragnarök", which refers to the prophesied war of the gods that results in the end of the world.

Nothing like thinking about it to brighten a person's day :)

Work in Progress .... which is expected to end soon because it will not have a base.
Just a little figure to fill that open hatch.

Thanks for watching!

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
Re: Sd.Kfz. 481 Götterdämmerung
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 01:45:22 AM »
Just build an FAE projectile and the Warhammer 40K volk will be asking to borrow your ride for their games.

Thermobaric munitions can be traced back  to the German Army of World  War II who  used a six barrelled 15cm Nebelwerfer  rocket  launcher on the Eastern Front. One of the launcher’s loadings incorporated propane  gas. The first five rounds  carried the gas and  the sixth was the detonating round. This gas was released when  the round  landed, mixed with the air to produce an explosive vapour, and was then detonated by the final round1. At a later stage, larger calibre rockets contained conventional explosive inside a thin wall to give an increased  blast effect. Following  these early attempts, little was developed until  the 1960’s.
https://jmvh.org/article/munitions-thermobaric-munitions-and-their-medical-effects/

PS - thread music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0PpTPvbr-4
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 02:20:57 AM by Story »

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 04:33:56 AM »
Yeah !

the BFG !!!

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 05:56:58 PM »
Yeah !

the BFG !!!

Possibly a VBFG, even! :icon_surprised:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."