Author Topic: Revell  (Read 124350 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Revell
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »
Gerald Willing has uploaded some images as part of an in-the-box kit review of the Revell 1:48th scale Messerschmitt Bf 110 G-4 (kit number 04508) to Modellversium.de.

(Image source: Gerald Willing /modellversium.de)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2014, 03:19:42 AM »
Revell Germany 1/35 M48A2GA2 Patton:
It figures. :-\ About two years ago,I bought the Legends resin conversion for this variant. Now a plastic version is out.

Thanks for "taking one for the team"!  :) ;D
By the way, have you thought about acquiring an Accurate Armour "Stillbrew" Chieftain?

New?

Once the kit hits the shelf we can better understand if it is a new tool or just another kit being sold under the Revell brand name that might be from Academy, AFV Club, or one of the other companies that Revell does this kind of business with.  <....>

Definitely from 100% new moulds, Jeff!  :)
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2014, 04:40:00 AM »
Good to hear that it is a completely new mold.  Remember seeing one of those beasties at Wildflecken many years ago with the Panther style cupola sitting in a vehicle parking area near the firing ranges.  Pretty impressive looking in stock Bundeswehr green paint. 

***edit to spell Wildflecken correctly.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:31:16 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2014, 05:38:36 AM »
New tool of the uniquely German variant.

“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2014, 05:55:59 AM »
It figures. :-\ About two years ago,I bought the Legends resin conversion for this variant. Now a plastic version is out.

Thanks for "taking one for the team"!  :) ;D
By the way, have you thought about acquiring an Accurate Armour "Stillbrew" Chieftain?

New?

Once the kit hits the shelf we can better understand if it is a new tool or just another kit being sold under the Revell brand name that might be from Academy, AFV Club, or one of the other companies that Revell does this kind of business with.  <....>

No on the Stillbrew. ;)
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2014, 05:23:55 AM »
Gerald Willing has shared some images of the Revell 1:48th scale Curtiss SB2C-4 Helldiver (kit number 04506) at Modellversium.de. 

This kit is basically the Monogram "Pro-Modeler" SB2C-4 Helldiver kit in a Revell box.  Certainly much nicer than the original Monogram Helldiver kit with the dropping bomb and working landing gear features. 

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
First 1/48 kit I ever built was a Helldiver (can't remember which manufacturer), back in the early 80's. Quite proud of it, I was, it came together & painted up quite nicely. Brought it home from (RANAS) Nowra but, unthinkingly, put it on the parcel shelf. 14 hours later, well, the only thing it was good for was a crash diorama - which I never got around to making.

:o :icon_crap: :icon_sueno:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2014, 03:01:14 AM »
Something fun ;D:  1/24 Tom Daniel Cherry Bomb:

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Spey Phantom

• 1/144 addict
  • the modeler formerly known as Nils.
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2014, 12:03:18 AM »
just got the newsletter in the mailbox, with a list of new releases for the second half of this year, including a 1/72 scale Concorde   :o

http://www.revell-news.de/display.php?M=115017&C=a8441b79a7fd5b074e8c0bdc6fc4ecff&S=302&L=36&N=115

another interesting re-releases is a 1/72 Merlin HMA.1  8)
and the 1/72 DHC-6 twin-Otter is making a comeback  :)

another new and interesting tool is the Paint Remover, witch removes already dried paint, this could be very usefull  :)

so, to sum it up:

Aircraft/Helicopters:

-1/144 EA-18G Growler
-1/144 Boeing 747-8 "Fanhansa"

-1/72 Concorde
-1/72 Merlin HMA.1
-1/72 Canadair CL-415 (possibly ex-Heller)
-1/72 Rafale-M
-1/72 Mirage 2000D
-1/72 F/A-18C Hornet
-1/72 DHC-6 Twin Otter
-1/72 Blackburn Buccaneer S.2B (Possibly ex-matchbox)

-1/48 F-15E Strike Eagle
-1/48 Jaguar GR.1/3

-1/32 Bolkow Bo105
-1/24 UH-1B Iriqious

Armour:

-1/35 M48 A2 / A2C
-1/35 Unimog (Lkw 2t tmilgl)
-1/35 SpPz 2 Luchs A1/A2

-1/72 TPz 1 Fuchs EloKa "Hummel" /ABC

Ships

-1/146 USS Constitution
-1/720 U.S.S. Nimitz CVN-68 (early)
-1/200 Titanic Searcher "Le Suroît" (ex-Heller?)

Space + Sci-Fi

-1/144 Space Station ISS
-1/72 Cylon Centurion “Battlestar Galactica”  :unsure:

Cars

-1/24 Trabant 601 Universal "25 Jahre Mauerfall"
-1/24 BMW M1 PROCAR
-1/24 Bentley Blower

Tools

-Paint remover
-20mm masking tape
-replacement blades for scalpel 39059
on the bench:
-various models

on the drawing board:
-various 1/72 TinTin aircraft
-1/72 Eurocopter Tiger (Belgian Army)
-various other 1/72 and 1/144 aircraft

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2014, 06:33:25 AM »
Something fun ;D:  1/24 Tom Daniel Cherry Bomb:

I see a hot rod alien space ship hiding in that box!

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2014, 06:43:45 AM »
I've already been using an effective paint remover for 20+yrs on my models - I'm sure it's much cheaper than anything a model company can market.

The Bo-105 will be much welcomed by the sci-fi guys as that kit was used to make many movie space-ship props.

Unless they've totally re-mastered it, give the SpPz 2 Luchs a miss - quite inaccurate copy of a prototype.

The Bently Blower would be welcome if the did other cars of the same vintage to go with it .... a Brooklands series ??

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2014, 11:47:31 PM »
just got the newsletter in the mailbox, with a list of new releases for the second half of this year

-1/48 Jaguar GR.1/3

Hmmm... wonder if that's a new tool?

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2014, 02:16:39 AM »
The 1/35 Unimog will go nicely.  The last few old versions I have looked at have been ridiculously priced…even for me.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2014, 04:14:17 AM »
just got the newsletter in the mailbox, with a list of new releases for the second half of this year

-1/48 Jaguar GR.1/3

Hmmm... wonder if that's a new tool?
According to another forum where this question was asked the reply was that it may well be the Airfix/Heller kit in a Revell box.  Only know for sure when it becomes available.  A collaboration between Airfix/Heller's Jaguar in a Revell box is interesting as I can not recall any similar arrangements being made recently for any other models.  Most often it was Revell and Italeri in collaboration with the Revell release having some extra items on a new sprue and different decals as the only real difference between the original kit and the Revell kit. 

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2014, 06:56:26 AM »
According to another forum where this question was asked the reply was that it may well be the Airfix/Heller kit in a Revell box.  Only know for sure when it becomes available.  A collaboration between Airfix/Heller's Jaguar in a Revell box is interesting as I can not recall any similar arrangements being made recently for any other models.  Most often it was Revell and Italeri in collaboration with the Revell release having some extra items on a new sprue and different decals as the only real difference between the original kit and the Revell kit.

I think I saw an announcement on the What-If forum that Revell are releasing a 1/72 Concorde.  The discussion says it's the Heller/Airfix kit --
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:58:22 AM by kitnut617 »

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2014, 03:43:27 AM »
Revell DC-4 coming in 2015.

DOH!!! I meant to write C-54. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:53:41 AM by The Big Gimper »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Spey Phantom

• 1/144 addict
  • the modeler formerly known as Nils.
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2014, 03:47:44 AM »

propably a rebox of the old Heller kit  ???
on the bench:
-various models

on the drawing board:
-various 1/72 TinTin aircraft
-1/72 Eurocopter Tiger (Belgian Army)
-various other 1/72 and 1/144 aircraft

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2014, 04:11:18 AM »

propably a rebox of the old Heller kit  ???

Interesting, my 'Big Book' doesn't mention any Heller DC-4, DC-6 well yeah ! they did/do a few boxings --- I can say if it is a DC-4, I've got a couple of projects lined up already --

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2014, 05:22:42 AM »
Heller never did a DC-4, and the word from those who seem to be 'in the know' is that
it is an all-new moulding.

While the real DC-6 was 'based' on the DC-4 design, going backwards from the later to
the earlier model is not that simple in plastic.
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline kitnut617

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2014, 05:31:19 AM »
I've got an article that describes how to convert the Heller DC-6 into a North Star (which had DC-4 fuselage with DC-6 wings plus the Merlins of course)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2014, 05:42:58 AM »
I've got an article that describes how to convert the Heller DC-6 into a North Star (which had DC-4 fuselage with DC-6 wings plus the Merlins of course)
Robert,
Don't settle for a mere Merlin powered version, go for the prize and make it Griffon powered :)

Offline kitnut617

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2014, 06:08:55 AM »
Robert,
Don't settle for a mere Merlin powered version, go for the prize and make it Griffon powered :)

I was going to do that with a DC-6 Jeff, and call it a North Star II. Snaffled the engine nacelles from a Shackleton to do it --

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2014, 01:15:45 PM »
Diethelm Berlage has provided an in-the-box review of the Revell 1:35th scale M48A2GA2 (kit number 3236) at Modellversium.de

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »
The "real" M48 is one with "T" shape muzzle brake.

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2014, 04:27:07 PM »
The "real" M48 is one with "T" shape muzzle brake.

Apparently Revell are planning a backward revision model of the M48a2 with the "T" shaped muzzle brake as well.

Which means this tank can now accurately be modelled:

Any one care to guess what it is?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:36:42 PM by Rickshaw »