Current and Finished Projects > Other

1/35 Diorama Base

(1/5) > >>

Ramba:
I started a couple more diorama bases. Can't remember who they are from. They are 1/35 scale.

First one is a block wall. It is only 55x55mm. I used various grey tones. I still need to finish the ground and weather everything. I didn't take many photos of this one. 

Next one is a brick wall with oil drum. This one is 65x65mm. Just like the one above, I still need to finish the ground and weather it. As you can see, I used two different reds for the bricks. For the rusty oil drum, I painted it with the rust paint then while still wet, I applied the rust pigments. I then used a black wash for the stains.

finsrin:
Gee you got this down good, is excellent barrel and bricks.  :smiley:
Worked on reconditioning barrels for three years.  Seen ones like that, is accurate.

Ramba:

--- Quote from: finsrin on September 04, 2019, 07:48:12 AM ---Gee you got this down good, is excellent barrel and bricks.  :smiley:
Worked on reconditioning barrels for three years.  Seen ones like that, is accurate.

--- End quote ---

Thank you! The only thing I missed because I didn't know exactly how to replicate it was the rust flaking off. I have one more barrel for a different dio base that I will have to try to replicate that on. Someone told me to try using baking soda. I will have to look that up to see how that works.

I still have to weather the bricks and finish the ground and rubble. Not sure what color ground I want to do for the first one with the grey block wall. Might just do dirt as I already did a couple with sand so want to do something different.

Old Wombat:
Nice! :smiley:

Is that a bio-hazard sign above the barrel? If not, it should be! :o

Simple sounds good for the first one; maybe some broken up bitumen on the road & dirt? ???

Ramba:

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on September 04, 2019, 12:51:33 PM ---Nice! :smiley:

Is that a bio-hazard sign above the barrel? If not, it should be! :o

Simple sounds good for the first one; maybe some broken up bitumen on the road & dirt? ???

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I think the oil drum dio was shown as a WWII dio. I can't remember where I got the dio base from. I threw the box away when I first got it. That was many months ago. Mine will be post apocalyptic. I will have to find some bio hazard signs online and print one out. Unfortunately, my color printer died and I can only print in black.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version