Current and Finished Projects > Other

I have a gift for you 1/35 postapocalyptic diorama

(1/5) > >>

Ramba:
This dio will be of a girl holding a mini MP5 behind her back and standing in front of a soldier. She says, I have a gift for you.

The tree is made of resin and is from J's Work. I painted it grey then painted the wood brown over it. I then used a grey wash and wiped it then used a black wash then wiped it.

The Japanese girl came with the gas mask already molded to her face. The arms/hands and briefcase came molded to the back of her skirt. I cut the briefcase from her hands and replaced it with a mini MP5 gun. When I was removing the briefcase from her hands, a part of the skirt snapped off and is still attached to the briefcase. I will have to trim it off and glue it back to the skirt. The soldier is a TAHK Russian GRU. I cut his head out of the hood and replaced it with a Live Resin Russian gas mask.

The dio base is Alliance Modelworks. The wall and base comes together.

I still need to paint the figures, dio base and wall and add the cherry blossoms on the tree. I have to paint over 300 or so cherry blossoms and then mount them all on the tree trunk. I will probably start the cherry blossoms in the winter during the gloomy, cold and snowy days. I am using the ones from Kamizukuri.

Old Wombat:
That's looking fantastic! :D

For someone who claims to be a beginner in figure modelling, you're leaving me for dead (& I've been working on it for a few years, now)! :icon_alabanza:

Painting each, individual cherry blossom? You is crazy, man! :o

I intend having a blooming cherry tree in the dio with my Kuroi-hyō (Black Leopard = Pz.Kpfw. V Ausf. A Panther modified for Japanese service) but I'm looking at those "moss" trees, with the foliage painted pink.

Ramba:

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on September 03, 2019, 08:57:56 AM ---That's looking fantastic! :D

For someone who claims to be a beginner in figure modelling, you're leaving me for dead (& I've been working on it for a few years, now)! :icon_alabanza:

I intend having a blooming cherry tree in the dio with my Kuroi-hyō (Black Leopard = Pz.Kpfw. V Ausf. A Panther modified for Japanese service) but I'm looking at those "moss" trees, with the foliage painted pink.

--- End quote ---

Your dio sounds cool! Looking forward to seeing your cherry tree.

Thanks! I only just bought my first figures last year. I only just finished my first figure earlier this year. I have been doing models for years though but on and off. There were a couple times I took like 10-12 years off. I got into 1/35 figures because I really don't have the room to do build or display my 1/48 aircraft or 1/35 armor. Doing 1/35 figures are way smaller than full kits and easier for me to do and display. Unfortunately I didn't just want the figures standing alone on the cabinet shelf so I got into vignettes/dioramas. I am trying to stick to smaller dioramas though that can only fit one to two figures but that didn't work out hahahaha! I have a few more ideas involving and including up to four to five figures now. Don't know where those larger dioramas will go but I haven't started those yet.

Yeah, each individual cherry blossom has to be painted and painstakingly attached one by one. There are 308 main cherry blossoms then there are some smaller cherry blossoms but not nearly as much as the main ones then there are also some leaves. This will take a very long time.

Old Wombat:
Better you than me, brother! ;D

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Ramba on September 03, 2019, 09:32:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Old Wombat on September 03, 2019, 08:57:56 AM ---That's looking fantastic! :D

--- End quote ---

:o

Your dio sounds cool! Looking forward to seeing your cherry tree.

Thanks! I only just bought my first figures last year. I only just finished my first figure earlier this year. I have been doing models for years though but on and off. There were a couple times I took like 10-12 years off. I got into 1/35 figures because I really don't have the room to do build or display my 1/48 aircraft or 1/35 armor. Doing 1/35 figures are way smaller than full kits and easier for me to do and display. Unfortunately I didn't just want the figures standing alone on the cabinet shelf so I got into vignettes/dioramas. I am trying to stick to smaller dioramas though that can only fit one to two figures but that didn't work out hahahaha! I have a few more ideas involving and including up to four to five figures now. Don't know where those larger dioramas will go but I haven't started those yet.

Yeah, each individual cherry blossom has to be painted and painstakingly attached one by one. There are 308 main cherry blossoms then there are some smaller cherry blossoms but not nearly as much as the main ones then there are also some leaves. This will take a very long time.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version