Current and Finished Projects > Other

1/35 Special Forces figure with Minigun

(1/20) > >>

Ramba:
Been away from the forums for a while. My father has been in and out of surgery so been back and forth to the doctors the last few weeks. I was also sick for the last two weeks.

Anyway, here is a 1/35 resin figure I got from China. I thought it looked cool holding the minigun. Here is how it comes.

As you can see, the resin barrels were warped so I switched them out with metal ones. The metal ones are way longer than the resin ones but look a 1,000 times better.

The MICH helmet with MTEK face armor came molded uneven so I have to get a new head to replace this one. This one is actually a copy of Live Resin and I have some original Live Resin heads with the MTEK face armor in my stash. These figures were really cheap so I got a few different ones. Turns out, most are copies of Live Resin and Legend. 
Here is the one that came with the figure.

Here is the original Live Resin helmet with optional parts on the left and the copy on the right.

The left arm came molded onto the body but the hand was separate. The left hand is molded to the minigun which has a really weird position when mated to the arm.
Here is the weird looking left arm.

I drilled out the end of the left arm and the end of the hand and put in a plastic rod so I could try to reposition the hand to a more natural looking position. You can see the plastic rod between the hand and arm. I will need to fill in with putty and shape it to match the rest of the arm.

Here is the figure holding the minigun, minus the head.

Here it is with the Live Resin helmet.

This is the camo I will be attempting hahahahaha! The camo is the US Army's current version. It is called OCP (Operational Camouflage Pattern). I will be using Vallejo Model Colors and hand painting it.

Brian da Basher:
Looks like you're off to a great start!

I always enjoy figures and watching this one come together is a treat!

Brian da Basher

Old Wombat:
Good luck with the camo. Ramba! :smiley:

I have both those figures sitting on my workspace, too. The Live Resin one is there for a repair job & the YUFAN one for construction. I saw & posted re: the "similarities" a while back. Both are allocated to the same Sci-Fi diorama. I'll be watching your mini-gunner build with interest (although the moulding seems to be cleaner on mine than yours).

Good work! :D

Jeffry Fontaine:
Wicked looking M134 Gatling Gun with that brass barrel replacement. 

Ramba:

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on March 29, 2019, 08:08:31 AM ---Good luck with the camo. Ramba! :smiley:

I have both those figures sitting on my workspace, too. The Live Resin one is there for a repair job & the YUFAN one for construction. I saw & posted re: the "similarities" a while back. Both are allocated to the same Sci-Fi diorama. I'll be watching your mini-gunner build with interest (although the moulding seems to be cleaner on mine than yours).

Good work! :D

--- End quote ---

Old Wombat, I just read the post you linked to. Unfortunately at the time I bought them I didn't know they were copies until after I got them but I had gotten a few at the same time. I got these sometime around December 2018 into early January 2019. I haven't gotten anymore since. I won't post anymore if it violates forum policy. Admins feel free to remove this topic.

Yes, my minigunner figure is pretty rough compared to the one they showed in the ad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version