Author Topic: If they were real... G1 Spinister in Vehicle Form!  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
If they were real... G1 Spinister in Vehicle Form!
« on: March 12, 2020, 08:35:57 AM »
They say that “everything old is new again” and I think they must have had our current fascination with nostalgia particularly in mind when coming up with that phrase. The good thing about nostalgia is that sometimes it spawns a “do-over”, where whatever is being fondly remembered gets reinvented with the benefit of modern sensibilities and technology.

Nowhere is that more apparent, to me at least, than when it comes to toys. The current crop of Transformers toys are almost exclusively re-dos of old classic standbys but with modern, top-notch design and functionality. However, before this wave of nostalgia hit, I had thought it would be fun to try and bring two of my favourite things (modelling, and Transformers) together.

Rather, though, than model someone famous this time, I decided to go for a “What if they were real?” approach. That’s not that entertaining when the subject is a yellow Beetle, perhaps, but it gets plenty freaky when it’s a magenta, blue an purple quiltwork of an AH-64 Apache!

Check out my “just for fun” take on the classic Decepticon helicopter named Spinister. What, you don’t remember him? Check it out at the link below, and you’ll wonder how the “in disguise” part was every supposed to work in this guy’s favour.

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/mecha-robots/academy-1-72-ah-64a-apache-spinister/

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
Re: If they were real... G1 Spinister in Vehicle Form!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 07:45:55 AM »
Nice work!   8) Cool to see the pic with the inspiration next to it.  :smiley:

Neat trick on the canopy. :smiley: May need to keep that in mind for the red canopies of the Ring Raiders "Skull Squadron" types.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: If they were real... G1 Spinister in Vehicle Form!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 05:26:17 AM »
I like how colorful it is!

Brian da Basher