Author Topic: 1/72 FWD Type B & 8inch howitzer  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
1/72 FWD Type B & 8inch howitzer
« on: March 30, 2021, 08:09:00 PM »
Small dio using the Roden 1/72 FWD Type B and 8inch howitzer.  Shattered trees from the backyard

Offline robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
Re: 1/72 FWD Type B & 8inch howitzer
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 09:38:23 PM »
Nice 1 !   :smiley:
How did you get on with applying the 'tread pattern' to the wheel rim, given as it's the same stuff tracks are usually made of ?
I have one of these to build, and I'm concerned about the plasticiser attacking the wheel rims . . .   ::)

cheers,
Robin.
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 10:21:06 PM »
Nice 1 !   :smiley:
How did you get on with applying the 'tread pattern' to the wheel rim, given as it's the same stuff tracks are usually made of ?
I have one of these to build, and I'm concerned about the plasticiser attacking the wheel rims . . .   ::)

cheers,
Robin.
Thanks.   I used super glue
Tacked down one end wrapped it around the wheel and tacked the other end down.  Stuck my fingers to it several times.  once the ends were stuck in place used a toothpick to place more super glue around the circumference under the tread.  tried to get it so the join was at the bottom, but that totally failed on one of them.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 02:57:21 PM »
 :smiley: :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."