Author Topic: Extended/Alternative Spanish Civil War GB. Rules  (Read 2948 times)

Offline ysi_maniac

• I will die understanding not this world
Extended/Alternative Spanish Civil War GB. Rules
« on: December 01, 2019, 09:23:02 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Extended/Alternative Spanish Civil War GB!

Here are the rules:

Rule 1: Have fun.

Rule 2: This is not a place to advocate for or against any 80-year-old (or current) political cause.  Instead, enjoy letting your imagination go wild.

Rule 3: Entries may be 3d physical models; or 2d profiles, drawings or other artwork.  Aircraft, ships, boats, land, figures vehicles are all eligible.

Rule 4: Evaluation will be in two categories: 3d and 2d.  Winners will be chosen by vote of the forum members.  Entries must be posted to the Completed Entries thread by the deadline to be included in the voting.

Rule 5: What Qualifies?  Qualification will be very permissive - as long as you can justify why your entry belongs in this GB, it fits.  If you have any doubts about your project, feel free to ask.

5a:   The premise of Extended SCW is that Spanish Civil War extends to merge with Second World War, which was an issue pursued by Republican authorities in last months of real world SCW. In this GB SCW may go beyond the end of WWII.

5b:   The premise of Alternative SCW is that Spanish Civil War goes in a different way than on RW.  Particularly, Republican victory. Spanish Republic or Spanish Kingdom can be member of Warsaw Pact or NATO.

Rule 7: Entries must be new starts or barely started models, or drawngs.  If you have any doubts about your project, feel free to ask.

Rule 6: Really, you expected a Rule 6?

Rule 8: According to rule 2, I prefer this GB to have not Original Stories modality.  SCW is still a very controversial matter, at least here in Spain.

Rule 9: This GB runs from the start of December 2019 through the end of February 2020 - all based on your local time.  Let me know if you would like one extension. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 10:13:40 AM by ysi_maniac »

Offline ysi_maniac

Re: Extended/Alternative Spanish Civil War GB. Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 12:23:47 PM »
Does any of you need an extension?

Offline ysi_maniac

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 12:26:46 PM »
YES, MYSELF. :o

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 01:44:28 AM »
I've got a build or two I haven't had the chance to get to yet, so an extra couple of weeks would really be nice.

Brian da Basher

Offline ysi_maniac

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 06:38:51 AM »
Ok, gang. The new and definitive end for this GB is the end of March 14th 2020.
Based on your local time.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:41:51 AM by ysi_maniac »

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 05:54:03 AM »
Wonderful.

Thank you.

Brian da Basher

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 08:55:03 AM »
This is excellent news for us laggards  :smiley:

I knew I wouldn't make the end-February deadline with my initial, over-blown scheme. So, I decided to do a quickie retouch for the GB ... but then I missed the February deadline with that too  :P

With the quotidian continuing to interfere with productive whiffery, I'm going to turn my original concept into a 'Story'. But, at least, now I get to mount my interim plan  ;D
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline ysi_maniac

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 05:19:49 PM »
Just a few hours!!!

Offline ysi_maniac

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 05:37:53 PM »
Hurry to post your entries!!!

Offline Brian da Basher

• Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 04:00:38 AM »
I'm afraid a perfect storm of things conspired to keep me from getting my planned builds together.

Still I had great fun looking at everyone's efforts.

Well done, all!

Brian da Basher