Author Topic: 6 wheel Zombie killing HMMWV  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Safferscale

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
6 wheel Zombie killing HMMWV
« on: May 28, 2018, 10:31:58 AM »
Hey guys heres my take on a custom Armored steel conversion Humvee used for Zombie killing in a post apoc setting.

PS relatively new to model building so my first attempt at Kit bashing.I used two Academy M1025 kits for the project

https://flic.kr/s/aHskBev3y3

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: 6 wheel Zombie killing HMMWV
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:55:37 AM »
Nice what-if HMMWV you have created.  I often wondered about making a 6X6 HMMWV so that it could perform roles similar to the 1.5t 6X6 used by the U.S. Army during and after WW2.  An ideal prime mover for a small howitzer, mortar, or perhaps an anti-aircraft gun system mounted in the back (like the M16 MGMC but with wheels). 

You should be able to hot-link the images from your flickr account to load and display in your post.  If you need assistance, I or any of the other moderators would be happy to assist you.  The other option would be to upload several of the images from your own PC to the forum but there are limits on the format, file size and number of images to attach to each post. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:57:39 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Online Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 11:57:29 AM »
Nice way to make an entrance!
Excellent work on a great idea.

Offline Safferscale

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 12:16:40 PM »
Sorry for the link post...was kind of in a hurry....will rectify later when I have a chance.

Offline Haemon

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 03:23:32 PM »
Very Cool! kinda reminds me of the aussie 6x6 land rover perenties, but Americanised.

nice work.

Offline Silverfox

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »
I built a 6-wheel humvee myself. I took a more Special Forces approach to mine, inspired by the Perentie. Love yours though, it looks a lot more armoured than my effort.

Offline Safferscale

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 01:19:36 AM »
I built a 6-wheel humvee myself. I took a more Special Forces approach to mine, inspired by the Perentie. Love yours though, it looks a lot more armoured than my effort.

Would luv to see your version

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 02:54:28 AM »
Awesome conversion - although the poor guy in the back is stuck out in the open during a zombie attack!

Where did you get the crates and supplies?

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 08:43:59 AM »
That looks really good! :smiley: :smiley:

As others have said, would work just as well as a Perentie-style Special Forces vehicle, too. ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Safferscale

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 10:24:00 AM »
Awesome conversion - although the poor guy in the back is stuck out in the open during a zombie attack!

Where did you get the crates and supplies?

The cargo net baggage grabber is detacheable but hey if you cant aim with a M60 its just too sad haha.The bottles are from Meng and the rest (box,crates etc) are all scratch buildt

Offline Safferscale

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 10:34:44 AM »
I named it the Scorpion (two pincers at the front,six "legs" and a stinger at the back.The tail gun is to provide cover when loading supplies or doing recon or scavenging.The rear gunner can scoot over the metal mesh on the roll cage and enter the vehicle for cover through the front turret.The twin 50's is the Nemesis killer for the bigger mutated mofo's and anti vehicle defense against other threats.The rear gun is mounted on a spare wheel swinging jig that can be swung out of the way to open rear when loading bigger cargo.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 10:35:23 AM »
Like it.

Right in my sweet spot of stuff I like