Author Topic: Second Korean War GB - The Rules  (Read 4428 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Second Korean War GB - The Rules
« on: March 30, 2018, 03:55:49 PM »
Hi all! Rules is Rules, right? ???

Let's see how these fit the bill:

1.  Group Build runs from 0001hrs Sunday 1st April 2018 to 2359hrs Thursday 31st May 2018, builder's local time.

1a. Due to sufficient grovelling an extension has been granted to 2359hrs Thursday 14th June 2018, builder's local time.

2.  You can enter any subject air/land/water/space pertaining to any second activation of the Korean War past, present or future but it must relate to the Second Korean War - so a back story of some sort may be necessary to clarify the context.

3.  You may build as many entries as you like; physical & electronic models, & stories are all welcome.  The posting of in-progress pictures is encouraged as always.

4.  "Preparation" work is allowed prior to the start of the GB - this includes the cutting out and cleaning up of parts, even printing your own decals or parts (3D printing) - but anything involving paint or glue is not allowed.

5.  Part-started models will be considered by the moderators (me). The moderators (me) would prefer pic's of physical models, pic's (if possible) & an explanation of how much is left to do for CG/electronic models (about which we (I) know zip), written works will need an explanation of where you're at in the process (we (I) know a bit about this) and they (I) will convene and pass judgment, their (my) decision being final - we are (I am) relying on the honour of our membership to uphold this rule.

6. No rule 6 - Nope, ain't happ'nin'!

7. An extension may be granted IF there is sufficient activity in the GB, there are sufficient numbers with suitable excuses requesting an extension AND appropriate bribes are offered to the moderators (me) & Greg. 

8. Moderators – Old Wombat (me).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 06:06:11 PM by Old Wombat »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
Re: Second Korean War GB - The Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 05:32:30 PM »
4 hours to "GO!", here is Aus. :smiley:

Hope someone has something planned! ???
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 02:18:00 AM »
If the first Korean War never finished... do we get an automatic extension every few weeks to match?

Online GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 02:30:33 AM »
If the first Korean War never finished... do we get an automatic extension every few weeks to match?

Hmmm...we may need to keep an eye on this one.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 05:27:10 AM »

Hmmm...we may need to keep an eye on this one.

Oh yeah!  We get 38 extensions!
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 05:32:53 AM »
Oh yeah!  We get 38 extensions!

And this one ... of course.

Online GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 05:47:33 AM »
I wonder...do the North Korean Gulags do a trade offer with BTS Gulags?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 07:55:09 AM »

You know, it'd be tempting to end this GB with an Armistice instead of our usual way, but I'm not the decision maker here.

Brian da Basher

Offline pigflyer

• If reality is real, give me whatif. Really?
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 03:37:48 AM »

You know, it'd be tempting to end this GB with an Armistice instead of our usual way, but I'm not the decision maker here.

Brian da Basher

I think we should end this one on July 27th, the 65th anniversary of the original cease fire, and my 58th birthday.  Party time?
P.S. yes, I did get the numbers the right way round, thank you!
If I don't plan it, it can't go wrong!

If it's great, I did it. If it's naff, I found it.