Author Topic: Freightdog Models  (Read 6139 times)

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Freightdog Models
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:53:47 AM »
Hello from Freightdog,

We are offering a 10% discount on website kit sales from today until midnight on 31st October. This applies to complete kits only on the website, excluding items that are already discounted in the offers section (so no further discount to what is shown on offer items). Minimum order to obtain the discount is £10.00 worth of non-offer items. Discount will not apply to decals or resin sets.

To access the discount simply add the coupon code 'KITS10' on the payment information page when you check out.

Thank you and Happy Halloween!
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
Re: Freightdog Models
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 06:46:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

After nearly six years of running Freightdog as my main income, I decided to go back in full time employment during November. Freightdog is continuing but now as a part time concern. As I’m doing shift work, my show attendance will be reduced in 2016. I’m still hoping to attend some shows, including Cosford, Southern Expo and Telford, but others will have to fit around my roster, and will be treated more like social events. As a consequence of my career change any orders done through my website might take a bit longer to process, I will endeavour to turnaround orders as promptly as I can, but reduced stock levels might mean items being cast to order in some cases. I am maintaining and growing my relationship with Hannants, and suggest overseas buyers use them if they show the items in stock, taking advantage of not having to pay VAT from outside the EU. I will remain UK stockist for High Planes, I have more stock coming from them later this week. I also hope to develop my Pegasus range along the same lines as High Planes. There will also be collaboration with my good friend Dave Little of Combat Decals, to get some of his long promised sets available under the Freightdog brand. 

Lastly, I still have a problem with the contact me page of my website, I am receiving messages, but have no record of the email address they come from, so if anyone has emailed me via the website in the last month and not got a reply, it’s nothing personal! Please email me via the forum, or at Freightdog (at) btopenworld (dot) com.

Thanks for your custom in the past, I look forward to supplying you with new items in 2016, albeit it at a reduced pace. These include the long awaited Westland Wasp carefully crafted by my faithful sidekick Jon Davies, which will finally make an appearance next year.

Colin

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:55:18 AM »
Note from Colin:

I'm having a small project plane sale, with up to 20% off various 1/72 sets including the P.177K complete kit, Canberra P.12, Hunter P.1130, Lightning P.23 Genie equipped and Lightning FGA proposal (mock up illustrated with Bullpups, my set has N.1 bombs instead). Available for a limited time on the Freightdog website. Thanks.

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 11:17:22 AM »
Saw that, may need to check the balance on the only credit card SWMBO doesn't get statements for.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 07:04:37 PM »
.... the only credit card SWMBO doesn't get statements for.

An absolute must in our business. But I also need to get to the mailbox first before before my daughter does. She's now my "unofficial" stash manager and I am not in her good books.  :-[

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 07:28:50 PM »
My tactic is to use it primarily for flowers, jewellery and other pressies for her ("her" probably being the most important part as buying that sort of stuff for anyone one else could be detrimental to my health), that way she isn't that concerned that it is also used buying books and other stuff, I pretend I don't buy models anymore except as part of the agreed BOBO (Build One Buy One) system but there are the occasional slips, I blame poor accounting on my part.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 12:40:56 AM »
Latest exchange with Colin. He is willing to make stand alone Redtops, Red Deans and Firestreak missiles. Also working on new stuff for Telford.

Can I get a show of hands and qty of missiles you would buy if he made a batch.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your email.

I can do you some Red Dean and Firestreak missiles to order if you like, let me know how many you need, I might do a batch for others building the Avro 559 kit. I can also do Radar Redtops to.

Trying to get my ducks in a row for Scale Modelworld in November, I will be re-issuing the Avro 720, I've not been able to sell them for a while as I didn't have any canopies, but I've just got a batch of super vacform ones by Rob Taurus, and will be getting same done for SR.177 (they are clearer and thinner than the resin ones). I also have a new complete kit of the Mustard glider/lifting body in 1/72 that is going to casters next week so hopefully ready in November.

Best regards Colin 

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 02:34:53 AM by The Big Gimper »

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 09:46:40 PM »
A re-release of the 177! Awesome!