Author Topic: SA Plastic Modellers Expo 2014 - Now with Pic's!  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
SA Plastic Modellers Expo 2014 - Now with Pic's!
« on: September 11, 2014, 09:02:48 PM »
Being a South Australian & because I'll be home for this one I thought I'd advertise it.

http://expo.saplasticmodellers.com.au/modelexpo.shtml

Hope to see some of our Australian comrades there this year, although I have no idea when I'll be attending, at this stage, but I hope to have something finished to display.

:)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:40:25 AM by Old Wombat »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Madhatter

• BTS's Tony Stark
  • trainee plastic surgeon
Re: SA Plastic Modellers Expo 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:16:12 PM »
mate - if I wasn't so tied down here in Melbourne I'd be there in a flash. I've heard good reviews come from fellow modellers who've traveled to it and each one has said the quality of builds is right up there.
One of these days, I'll get down there. I also say the same thing about going to Japan, however, life (and SWMBO) dictates otherwise  :icon_swat:
I hope it all goes well!
Si
2 Reasons why a model is better than a wife:
1) A model doesn't get jealous when you look at another model
2) A model doesn't yell at you for spending money on another model

Offline uncle les

• Aussie Whiffer Extraordinaire!
  • The man behind the models of the same name...
Re: SA Plastic Modellers Expo 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 06:01:05 AM »
..leave is organised, the hotel is booked, the wife has been briefed, the remaining dependent has been cautioned, the dog has been fed,  now all I have to do is build some models  !

See y'all there.   :)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
Re: SA Plastic Modellers Expo 2014 - Now with Pic's!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 10:35:58 AM »
Well, this has been & went. Didn't manage to finish anything in the 6 weeks I was home but I took along my Centurion XI hovertank, B-P/W Defender Mk.IV & Supermarine Surefire Mk.II (for display only).

Met Uncle Les in the last 5 minutes (he's shorter & younger than I imagined ;) ), despite both of us being there all weekend, & learned a few neat tricks in the demo's.

Here's a link to my photo's of the occasion;

http://s459.photobucket.com/user/GPlachy/library/SAPMA%20Expo%2014

As of writing the pictures are still in the process of being uploaded to Photobucket. I'll post a couple of teasers when that's done.

Teasers, as promised;

Some things are just too cool:

Some are simply BIG:

Some are vaguely familiar:

And some are kinda sexy:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 12:38:10 PM by Old Wombat »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline uncle les

• Aussie Whiffer Extraordinaire!
  • The man behind the models of the same name...
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 11:39:07 AM »
Met Uncle Les in the last 5 minutes (he's shorter & younger than I imagined ;) ), despite both of us being there all weekend,

Yes..  I too find myself shorter than I had imagined...
A pity we didn't catch up earlier !   ..now we know what we look like we'll ID quicker !  :)

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 12:41:30 PM »
Yep, saves the (inaccurate) guesswork. :D

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 03:34:17 AM »
That first one is great!
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 06:35:57 AM »
Next year I promise guys. I missed this year because I got back to Melbourne from a Europe trip on the Friday of SA Expo.
Although I did go to the Belgian IPMS Show just outside Brussels for a few hours so I did get some model viewing time, just not in Oz.

No OS trips planned for next year so the local Oz shows are on the agenda.