Author Topic: Suggestions and Issues  (Read 138465 times)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
Re: Suggestions and Issues
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2012, 09:26:31 AM »
Just stumbled on a small issue which happened when I changed my email address in my 'Profile'.  The system didn't send me a conformation email to re-activate my account (thanks to Jeff I can now access the forum).  But then I've also notice recently when someone sends me a PM, I'm not getting a notification email either.  I just checked my Profile settings and I see that it should be doing that as it is set right.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
We will look into.  Has anyone else experienced similar?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2012, 04:49:08 AM »
Not the same situation, but similar...I no longer get email notifications when people send me Personal Messages. I wonder if there's some setting that needs tweaked deep within BTS.

Brian da Basher

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2012, 06:03:36 AM »
The PM notification to my eMail address appears to be working in my case as evidenced by a notification the other day for a PM that was sent by Bill P to me.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2012, 07:13:29 AM »
I double-checked my settings and all seems in order there as far as I can tell.

No biggie. I'm usually here every day anyway. Just thought it was odd.

Brian da Basher

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
Suggestion for Ideas and Inspiration: Maybe add a subforum of "Build Planning" for guys still in planning phases, then add links to related BP threads in the first post of each I&I thread? (For example, linking to my F-15SE/Special and Mike's F-15SMT+ threads in post 1 of the F-15 thread, kinda see who's doing what that may benefit from shared experience.)

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2013, 01:25:08 PM »
Anyone else having to wait a looong time for connections when posting or navigating? It's been happening to me for the last few days ... but only on BtS  :icon_crap:

And has suddenly sped up since posting the above ... obviously the Forum Pixies just needed a nudge  ;D
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2013, 02:46:06 PM »
No problem here, though keen to hear if others have also experienced similar.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2013, 04:51:25 AM »
Last saturday I couldn't load BtS between 8.30pm & 9pm local eastOz time - tried several times but gave up.  Recently the site has been hanging-up when I try to make a post (doesn't appear to be a "timed-out" problem) - have to kill my browser & try again.

I once got email notification of a PM but the PM never showed up here on the site.

Sounds like we need to buy more bandwidth ???  The downside of being a popular, very active site ;D

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
BtS not seeming to like my android phone anymore
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2013, 12:14:13 AM »
Okay, here is the problem.  Since last week I,ve been unable to view a lot of pictures linked from external sources.  Which means that BtS banner and icons, as well as the majority of pics in the profile section, which I most-frequently visit, would show up in my android browsers as broken links......  If I have access to its web address, I can still view them directly, but I cannot view them via BtS.

I tested both at home and at my local library with the same result.  Would you and/or your crew look into this?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:16:17 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline Doom!

• Slayer of pixels and plastic!
  • Glad to be here!
    • Doom Island 2
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2013, 12:30:24 AM »
Hmmmm, I just checked BTS on my Android Phone and had no problem...checked a few different sections and everything worked fine.
Doom!
Jeff G.

Offline father ennis

• I got paint older than most of you guys ...
  • Our Scifi, armour-building Rennissance Priest...
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2013, 01:20:28 AM »
I been having the same issues with pictures,myself. This started about two weeks ago. I had the same problem on other sites,too. When I contacted my carrier (Sprint here in Oklahoma,U.S.A.) I was told it was due to a problem they were working on. It isn't to be finished till after the first. 
I may be old but I'm not dead ... yet anyway ... !!!    And NO I did not know Richard III !!!!!!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2013, 02:43:58 AM »
I haven't experienced any problems.  That said, please let us know if others expereince similar and if it persists.  It sounds like it might be a problem on your end however if there is anything we can do to alleviate the situation, we certainly will try.

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2013, 03:01:38 AM »
Update has been made and cleanup done see here:
http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2388.0
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline father ennis

• I got paint older than most of you guys ...
  • Our Scifi, armour-building Rennissance Priest...
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2013, 08:36:00 AM »
I'm pretty sure "My problem" is definitively on my end. I'm not.holding my breath for them to do it by when they said. On the other hand, I like the new "All" option. Glad you have done it as I don't always remember what went before.
I may be old but I'm not dead ... yet anyway ... !!!    And NO I did not know Richard III !!!!!!

Offline dy031101

« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2013, 10:25:35 AM »
I'm not ruling out the possibility that my issue could be caused by something on my end.  Right now I'm still figuring things out, the only things I know for sure right now being that the problem holds for both mobile and non-mobile network connections, so I doubt it has anything to do with network filtering (Wi-Fi in my local library, for example, blocks any videogame-related websites)......
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:27:30 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline dy031101

« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2013, 12:07:52 AM »
This morning I tried again...... the problem seems gone all in a sudden......  guess I likely won't know what's going on......

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2013, 02:00:12 AM »
This morning I tried again...... the problem seems gone all in a sudden......  guess I likely won't know what's going on......
it involves computers therefore you're not supposed to know... ;)

Either way it is good news.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:02:00 AM by GTX_Admin »

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2013, 02:03:43 AM »
it involves computers therefore you're not supposed to know... ;)

Either way it is good news.

Burn the witch!!!!!!
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline Brian da Basher

• Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2013, 03:08:25 AM »
With my last two posts I got an error saying my request had timed out.

Hitting Refresh seems to have allowed my posts to take, but it's odd considering that it only took me a minute or less to compose each post.

Brian da Basher

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2013, 03:13:15 AM »
With my last two posts I got an error saying my request had timed out.

Hitting Refresh seems to have allowed my posts to take, but it's odd considering that it only took me a minute or less to compose each post.

Brian da Basher

Ok then, that confirms it is not just me.  I had the same happen yesterday but wasn't sure if it was simply on my end.  Will look into.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2013, 03:36:24 AM »
Folks if anyone else is getting a similar issue, just follow Brian's advice for now (Hit the page refresh option on your browser) - that seems to rectify things.  We will be looking into this in the meantime.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2013, 05:03:34 AM »
I've been getting the same thing too, but also the site is extremely slow to get on and navigate around at the moment

EDIT: just happened as I was posting this post.  I hit the 'back' button and then re-clicked on post and it did
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:06:01 AM by kitnut617 »

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2013, 01:16:00 AM »
I've been noticing that the site has been rather slow to load pages yesterday and today.  Is it just me?

Oh, and I'm still experiencing the main page (home) indicating there are new posts (in the physical models and profiles and pixels) when there are none.
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2013, 01:59:36 AM »
I've been noticing that the site has been rather slow to load pages yesterday and today.  Is it just me?

Oh, and I'm still experiencing the main page (home) indicating there are new posts (in the physical models and profiles and pixels) when there are none.

Still working on the slowness issue - server related I am afraid.

Re the indication of new posts, it is not just you.  I believe it may sometimes result when someone has edited an existing post.  It won't necessarily show up as a new post when you look but somehow the software indicates it.