Author Topic: One Of The Ways To Improve Firepower Is To Improve Ammunitions  (Read 3339 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
One Of The Ways To Improve Firepower Is To Improve Ammunitions
« on: February 03, 2016, 12:36:19 AM »
Before settling on a 30mm Bushmaster, the CM32 Clouded Leopard was originally going to be fitted with a 20mm revolver cannon, a derivative of the M39 used on F-5 Freedom-Fighter/Tiger, in a turreted format.

The idea to compensate for having such a small cannon for an IFV was to expand upon ROCN's order of Mk 244-0 APDS ammunition (alongside the Phalanx Block 1B systems) to include ROCAs' requirement to feed the CM-32 IFVs.

Isn't the USAF also testing a new ammunition as a resplacement for the PGU-28/B?  The 20mm PELE information brochure paints a seemingly-impressive picture (at least to my untrained eyes anyway).

Can anyone offer a rough idea on how Mk 244-0 would have performed against land targets?  Does it have any advantage against light armours over the versatility of PELE?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:30:05 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?