Author Topic: Matthews Aviation Art  (Read 57877 times)

Offline Ghost Rider

• Dreamer
Re: Matthews Aviation Art
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2019, 12:43:56 AM »
 :icon_crap:

Sorry my bad .
'If it looks right it flies right' - anyone hearing that phrase will instantly think  ... Hawker Hunter .

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2019, 01:54:25 AM »
That's fine - just move it to your own profile thread.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Geist

• Never give up from your dreams!
    • Duhr Aviation Art
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2019, 07:03:52 AM »
I like the Badger model :)
Check out my other works at my website, leave your comments and download the wallpapers!
http://www.duhraviationart.com

Offline john_matthews129

• IS the Thunderchief!
    • Matthews Aviation Art
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2019, 06:00:28 AM »
:smiley: :smiley:

That first image of the Thud is great! It takes a bit of searching to  figure out it's not real. 8) :-*

Thanks so much!  I'm terribly sorry it's taken me so long to migrate back here to post replies to anything.  Work has been crazy.  There were a lot of Thud drivers and maintainers who liked that one.

Offline john_matthews129

• IS the Thunderchief!
    • Matthews Aviation Art
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2019, 06:02:26 AM »
Looking good.  It would be god if you could fix the earlier images too.

Hi!  I want to do that as soon as I have time.  Once I changed the URL for my web site it caused a lot of blank space here, unfortunately.  I'll try  ;)

Offline john_matthews129

• IS the Thunderchief!
    • Matthews Aviation Art
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2019, 06:10:16 AM »
Loving these new bombers!  :-*

Many thanks!  I wasn't getting any notifications for replies so I haven't been here for awhile.  Here's the finished Badger I was working on...

And here are a few images of the B-47 with a little more work accomplished on the panel lines, rivets, and some markings....

Offline john_matthews129

• IS the Thunderchief!
    • Matthews Aviation Art
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2019, 06:14:15 AM »
So here's the latest thing I've been working on...

A collector who enjoys my work commissioned me to work on a reversed camouflage F-105D with some specific markings.  This one is in the home stretch now aside from a couple modifications to the 3D model. 

Offline john_matthews129

• IS the Thunderchief!
    • Matthews Aviation Art
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2019, 06:16:42 AM »
excellent 3 work  ;)

Thanks so much! 

Offline john_matthews129

• IS the Thunderchief!
    • Matthews Aviation Art
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2019, 06:25:47 AM »
:icon_crap:

Sorry my bad .

That's a nice little illustration you have there.  I couldn't help notice the L-133 in the image.  Is that your work?  I ask because the L-133 you have in your illustration looks familiar...

Offline john_matthews129

• IS the Thunderchief!
    • Matthews Aviation Art
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2019, 06:27:49 AM »
I like the Badger model :)

Thanks!  I finally finished one version of it.  Same client commissioned on in natural metal finish with different missiles.  I'll post here when I'm done working on it.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2019, 05:24:14 PM »
Love your Thuds! :smiley: :-*

And the L-133's a very cool subject! 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline john_matthews129

• IS the Thunderchief!
    • Matthews Aviation Art
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2019, 10:03:06 PM »
Love your Thuds! :smiley: :-*

And the L-133's a very cool subject! 8)

Thanks!  The Thuds are a pleasure to do.  I've become familiar with several Thud drivers and maintainers and they've really enjoyed what I've been doing.  A collector asked that I do several for him that he's interested in.  Between his Thuds and my other client's Russian planes, it's a bit like having a second full time job.  Ha!  No complaints though!

I may return to the L-133 and re-do the textures at some point in the future.  That was the first 3D plane model I did and there are things about it I would approach differently now.  It's all a matter of learning, I suppose. 

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2019, 03:15:41 AM »
Be interesting to see you do the Thud in other camo schemes, either real (wrap around lizard or Euro1) or whif, "Asia Minor" or an "Arctic" mod for a standard scheme for exercises in Norway.

Offline john_matthews129

• IS the Thunderchief!
    • Matthews Aviation Art
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2019, 06:24:31 AM »
Be interesting to see you do the Thud in other camo schemes, either real (wrap around lizard or Euro1) or whif, "Asia Minor" or an "Arctic" mod for a standard scheme for exercises in Norway.

I imagine, if I get spare time, I could have a go at that.  This has to be completed for my client though.  Then he also likes to have one with some scenery, so I'll have to get something together.

I finally added the proper vents near the nose of the plane.  It was a detail I totally forgot about while I was modeling the plane.  Happy to have those finished now though.

After this 105 I have to get back to the B-47E.  Then I've decided to start an F-101B.  I had a teacher in high school who was a back seater in the 101.  Looking forward to doing a few planes that are mostly gray, save for the colorful tails and other markings of that era.