Author Topic: Ghost Rider's Profiles  (Read 14581 times)

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
Re: GJE52 Profiles
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 02:33:23 AM »
It MUST be built NOW!!!!!!!!!!!  8) 8) 8)
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 10:01:20 AM »
That is gorgeous!

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 11:30:20 AM »

No kidding! That is a beautiful looking airplane.

Engine pods could be made from Spitfire and Whirlwind parts, the front fuselage from a worked over Whirlwind, but I'm at a loss at what to source the fuselage back from the AX.

Great rendering of the Dinah III, too.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 12:27:12 PM »
lovely art !! Are you interested in doing art of some of the whif profiles on here ?

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2015, 01:13:29 PM »
Maybe using the Unicraft Supermarine 327 as a basis?
http://www.unicraft.biz/on/spito/spito.htm

Offline Ghost Rider

• Dreamer
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 07:35:52 PM »
Me 262 HG V  Interceptor  and Night Fighter variants

When the outline plans for the ME 262  were first drawn up in April 1939,  the original designs incorporated a wing which had a 35° sweep, proposed by Adolph Busemann, and was very different from the aircraft that first entered service. It was also intended  to adopt wing root-mounted engines from the start, however, the progression of the original design was delayed greatly by technical issues involving the new jet engine. Because the engines were slow to arrive, Messerschmitt decided to move the engines from the wing roots to under-wing pods, allowing them to be changed more readily if needed. However as a consequence of the change, the wings were swept back slightly, by 18.5°, but only to compensate for the change to the centre of gravity.  As the reliability of the engines improved the advantages of using a swept wing were fully realized. It is unfortunate that the primary role of the Me 262 as a world beating fighter, rather than a second rate, light-payload Schnellbomber ("fast bomber")  was not appreciated at the outset, however, once this was realized, it formed the basis for the next generation of designs, all of which were dedicated fighter aircraft.
The Me 262 HG III was Similar to the first design, able to take full advantage of the huge improvements to engine reliability, which utilized the highly swept wing configuration with wing root mounted engines, mated to a conventional fuselage. The design proved very successful but, after listening to the critical comments from pilots, it was noted that the conventional stabilizer arrangement introduced a tendency for instability during high speed maneuvers and that forward visibility could be improved. It was decided to move the cockpit forward by 900mm and this greatly improved visibility as well as pilot's situational awareness when landing. The subsequent design,  Me 262 HG V, with it's now distinctive stabilizer arrangement, was well liked by those who flew it and it proved reliable in front line service as well as a deadly foe. Wings were of single-spar cantilever construction, with stressed skins, varying from 3 mm (0.12 in) thick at the root to 1 mm (0.039 in) at the tip.  The wings were fastened to the engine nacelle frames at four points, in a similar manner to previous construction, using a pair of 20 mm (0.79 in) and 42 8 mm (0.31 in) bolts.

The Me 262 HG VB was derived from the same basic fuselage. With the addition of external fuel tanks, which were needed to compensate for the reduction in internal capacity caused by inclusion of the radar operator, it proved to be a very successful night fighter. This became even more  true once the dedicated,  and very effective, Nachtjager Groups were formed, comprising both Me 262 HG VB and Ar 234 AWACS aircraft.

8)
'If it looks right it flies right' - anyone hearing that phrase will instantly think  ... Hawker Hunter .

Offline Geist

• Never give up from your dreams!
    • Duhr Aviation Art
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 10:44:40 PM »
Really nice.

Which programme did you use to generate the 3d?
Check out my other works at my website, leave your comments and download the wallpapers!
http://www.duhraviationart.com

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 04:46:58 AM »
Nice work
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Ghost Rider

• Dreamer
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2015, 06:00:05 AM »

Thanks for the encouraging comments, and Autodesk 3ds Max
'If it looks right it flies right' - anyone hearing that phrase will instantly think  ... Hawker Hunter .

Offline ysi_maniac

• I will die understanding not this world
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2015, 06:18:53 PM »
This guy is a genius!!! I love all of his designs :-* :-* :-*

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2015, 04:36:11 AM »
Gorgeous work, there.  I love the results as well as the work-up you developed.

Offline Geist

• Never give up from your dreams!
    • Duhr Aviation Art
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2015, 06:41:27 AM »

Thanks for the encouraging comments, and Autodesk 3ds Max

you're welcome
Check out my other works at my website, leave your comments and download the wallpapers!
http://www.duhraviationart.com