Author Topic: LF Rescue Sled from 1:25th scale MPC 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix Kit  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
I am looking for the rescue sled that was included in the MPC 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix 3 in 1 kit (number 2169)

Link to image of the box art if you need to see what it looks like

If anyone has built this kit and did not use the sled and wishes to dispose of it I am more than willing to pay you a reasonable price for the part in question or trade something for it.

If you have more than one I would like to get as many as I can.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:44:55 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
Re: LF Rescue Sled from 1:25th scale MPC 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix Kit
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 09:35:31 AM »
Good luck with that Jeff, rare and $$$$$ kit.

Have you actually seen/handled the accessory in question?, and may it
be fairly easy to make?

“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: LF Rescue Sled from 1:25th scale MPC 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix Kit
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:22:08 AM »
Good luck with that Jeff, rare and $$$$$ kit.

Have you actually seen/handled the accessory in question?, and may it
be fairly easy to make?
Hi Jon,

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have.  Actually had that kit many years ago and sadly it disappeared when I joined the Army, family moved, etc., etc., so I know what it looks like and sorely wish I still had it in my possession now. 

As for the cost of a sealed kit with those parts in it, there is no way I would even consider such a purchase.  Just taking a chance on maybe someone having built the kit and never bothered to use those parts since it was one of the options in the kit that could be built as a standard Pontiac Grand Prix or the "custom open top sportster/pick up truck.

***edit to correct spelling -- jjf
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 07:16:25 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg