Author Topic: CAC CA-14B Sea Wallaby  (Read 14151 times)

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
Re: CAC CA-14B Sea Wallaby
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2021, 07:02:16 AM »
Great back story and build! It's a beautiful plane!
What he said.  The backstory was quite plausible and the model looks "right".

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2021, 09:00:49 AM »
Thank you all very much, gentlemen; especially Robin, whose comment I missed last night! :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza:

"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2021, 09:56:31 AM »
Before I forget completely;

Addendum: Other parts used

Eduard Early RAF seat belt set (pre-coloured)
Master Models gun barrels (4 x .50cal (generic) & 2 x 20mm (Typhoon – set of 4))
QuickBoost P-61A/B Blackwidow propeller & spinner (set of 2)
Airfix Sea Fury drop tanks (pinched from the kit in my stash – it’s OK, I have BarracudaCast replacements)
Scratch-built hook
Hand-painted nose art (including tiger painted onto white decal film)
Decals are a combination of Boomerang kit decals & Cartograph generic markings (except the tiger mentioned above)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2021, 10:16:52 AM »
Well that was worth waiting for !,  elegant looking aircraft and impressive home made decals  and weathering :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2021, 10:55:14 AM »
Thanks, 'Mog! :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza:

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2021, 12:23:11 PM »
Plays sooo well with others on display.  Looks like must be RW but what the heck is it  :-\   8)

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2021, 12:39:55 PM »
 :smiley:

You've done it again!

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2021, 10:02:59 PM »
You've done it again!

Weren't me, guv! Ain't never been near the place! ;)

Thank you, both, very much, gents! :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza:

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2021, 08:15:37 AM »
For the viewer, well worth the wait  :smiley: Well out there ... but in a totally believable way  :D

And for the creator? My guess would be: Birthing pains over, endorphins about to flood in  ;D
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2021, 04:04:26 PM »
If the creator of the inspiration is happy, I am happy! :D

Thanks for the profile, mate. I'm really glad you think I've done it justice. :icon_alabanza:

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2021, 10:04:42 AM »
"Creator"! I suddenly feel a giddy-making upswelling of megalomania coming on ...

But, now that it has passed, you have made this one your own! I would never thought of combining the Boomer and Focke-Wulf wings - frickin' brilliant! I had fun playing with the concept but you've taken it to a whole new level  :smiley: :smiley:
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."