Author Topic: 1/32 Predator  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
1/32 Predator
« on: July 01, 2020, 04:41:07 AM »
My next subject. Yufan 1/32 Predator and 1/35 SEAL. The SEAL will be coming up from behind, sneaking up on the Predator while the Predator is celebrating an earlier kill. So technically it won't be a SEAL figure anymore but a sci fi what if soldier hunting Predators.

Here is the Predator.

Here is the SEAL. The Yufan ad shows the 1/24 SEAL version but it is almost exactly the same as the 1/35 I am doing. The only difference is that the 1/24 version has a face shield where the 1/35 version didn't include one. The original Yufan 1/35 SEAL head looked weird so I changed it out for a Live Resin head, helmet and NVG setup. The original Yufan mount for the NVG broke and I couldn't put it back together so I used the Live Rein one instead but the Live Resin mount broke too so I rigged it to fit. It isn't fitted on the helmet correctly and it is slightly too low but works good enough for me. This 1/35 figure is closer to 1/32 so works perfectly with the Predator.

Gotta finish priming the soldier and of course prime the whole Predator figure. The two together show how I will put them on the diorama base but spread much further apart. I still need to come up with a dio base. I might do something somewhere in the woods. The woods would be easier to build so I will more than likely go with that.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: 1/32 Predator
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 09:21:41 AM »
Hi, Ramba! Like where you're going here! :smiley:

Are your Yufan figures as dodgy as the few I own? ???

Obviously slapped together from bits of other manufacturers figures, mostly badly, then recast, again mostly badly? ???
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 09:39:00 AM »
Hi, Ramba! Like where you're going here! :smiley:

Are your Yufan figures as dodgy as the few I own? ???

Obviously slapped together from bits of other manufacturers figures, mostly badly, then recast, again mostly badly? ???

Thanks!

These particular Yufan figures are originals, not recasts. The fit on these are really good. I changed the head and rifle on the SEAL figure to Live Resin parts. Nothing really wrong with the Yufan parts. I changed the head and helmet on the SEAL figure because the Predator is holding a skull with a MICH helmet attached to it so I wanted the SEAL figure to also have a MICH helmet. I wanted the helmets to match to make it look like the Predator killed his team mate that had the same equipment. The SEAL figure originally came with an Ops-Core helmet which is different from the MICH helmet.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 02:25:42 AM »
Looking forward to the final result.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 07:30:28 AM »
Looking forward to the final result.

The Predator is finished now. If I add a figure showing where he ripped the spine from then I have paint the spine bloody. If I do add the figure with the spine ripped out then the Predator is about 99% done.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 07:39:16 AM »
The Predator is finished now. I was originally going to show the Predator holding the spine after he had finished cleaning it. If I add a figure showing where he ripped the spine from then I have to paint the spine bloody. If I do add the figure with the spine ripped out then the Predator is about 99% done.

The dark pink in the Predator's mouth looks much deeper and brighter than it really is because of the camera flash.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 08:12:15 PM »
The PMC figure is done.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 08:35:28 PM »
Damn that's good! 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 11:59:49 PM »
It’s looking good! You’re becoming the master of camo decals! Which set is this?

Offline Ramba

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 12:35:02 AM »

Offline Ramba

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 12:38:18 AM »
It’s looking good! You’re becoming the master of camo decals! Which set is this?

Thanks! The camo decals are from Cross Delta. They are the Marine digital MARPAT woodland pattern.

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2020, 06:20:32 PM »
looking good