Author Topic: Arcīs bashes  (Read 93842 times)

Offline arc3371

• Takes no responsibility should anyone try to turn the drawings into plastic...but we will still hold him accountable for the madness that ensues!!!
Re: Arcīs bashes
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2012, 09:19:46 AM »
Snapphane tank of Kungliga Skånska Armén (Royal Scanian Army)

Offline arc3371

• Takes no responsibility should anyone try to turn the drawings into plastic...but we will still hold him accountable for the madness that ensues!!!
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2012, 11:17:43 AM »
Zhang Xueliang Light tank, Republic of China

Offline arc3371

« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2012, 12:29:40 AM »

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2012, 12:43:19 AM »
You should try the Ikv 91's turret on some other vehicles.  I bet it'd work on things like a Scorpion or an armored car Saladin.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2012, 02:26:01 AM »
Agreed!  Maybe even a M113 or even pbv 302
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Logan Hartke

• Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2012, 02:32:00 AM »
Actually, rather than an M113, I bet putting it on an M114 would be pretty snazzy.  M24 Chaffee, maybe?  Hey, what about a modernized, Westernized T-34/85 lower profile upgrade?  Hmm...

Cheers,

Logan

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2012, 02:34:51 AM »
Hey, what about a modernized, Westernized T-34/85 lower profile upgrade?  Hmm...

I like your thinking...or even a modern Russian T-34 with Reactive Armour and Arena tank active protection system

Offline arc3371

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2012, 08:36:39 AM »
I like the ideas but until I make blanks I hope you will enjoy the Sun Yat-Sen 2000

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:38:35 AM by arc3371 »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2012, 03:51:08 AM »
 :)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2012, 01:10:51 PM »
Would the M26/M46 hull be able to take the Ikv-91 turret refitted with 105mm gun?

====================================================================

Actually your previous tank profiles make me think......

Say, we've got a whole inventory of Interwar-era and early-WWII tanks that we need to press into service in support of an insufficient number of modern tanks (as in Sherman, T-34-85, or Panzer IV).  What would be your choice of armament for those upgrade older tanks?

I'm under the influence of my recent "Tank Hunter" WoT inventory theme to think of smaller-calibre, high-velocity guns.  ZiS-4 used by T-34-57 seems to be the best performer, but would there be other guns that have a better balance between, size, adequate anti-armour capability, and handling (as many of those old tanks feature two-man or even one-man turrets)?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:54:57 PM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline arc3371

« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2012, 06:49:17 AM »
I think the the High velocity guns sounds good but do you really want to use old tanks as tank hunters? If you do how about squeeze bore or high-low pressure guns? Ammunition is another way to go, liberal distrubition of HEAT, HESH (HEP) and sub-caliber rounds is a cheap way to increase performance

Offline dy031101

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
I think the the High velocity guns sounds good but do you really want to use old tanks as tank hunters?

To give them at least a fighting chance against the likes of T-34......

Ammunition is another way to go, liberal distrubition of HEAT, HESH (HEP) and sub-caliber rounds is a cheap way to increase performance

HEAT rounds in WWII have left some sort of a question mark in my head- On Wiki, Italian 47mm guns are said to have remained successful in anti-tank role when using HEAT rounds, yet HEAT round used by the supposedly-heavier howitzer of the BT-42 conversion is said to be useless against T-34...... does that have something to do with some people making better HEAT rounds than others?
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline arc3371

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2012, 09:50:57 AM »
The explanation given on wiki why the round of thr BT-42 didnt work makes no sense, could it have been that the Finns werent able to control the spin of the round/jet?

Offline dy031101

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2012, 07:54:22 AM »
The explanation given on wiki why the round of thr BT-42 didnt work makes no sense, could it have been that the Finns werent able to control the spin of the round/jet?

Are there specific factors to be taken into account when designing HEAT rounds for a specific calibre, or could a design be scaled-up or -down at will?  (Since Wiki claims that the Finns copied a German design for use with their 114mm howitzer, I'm making an uneducated guess here......)

In addition...... I am still wondering if some measure of gun commonality would be good.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:33:22 AM by dy031101 »

Offline arc3371

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2012, 04:07:24 AM »
A common gun or at leat ammo is probably desirable, how about the Kwk 39 (or go nuts and put in the BK 5)?

Offline arc3371

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2012, 04:39:17 AM »

Offline arc3371

« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2012, 05:47:07 AM »

Offline Logan Hartke

• Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2012, 06:06:33 AM »

That's neat.  I like it.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline dy031101

« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »
The tank with overlapping road wheels reminds me of how Strv m/42 was rebuilt into Strv 74......  :)

Offline arc3371

« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »
Canales light tank, Republic of Rio Grande c.1953

Offline arc3371

« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2012, 02:24:11 AM »
NRA APC, Rif front

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2012, 02:43:15 AM »
Republic of Rio Grande c.1953

This interests me ...any more details?

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2012, 02:46:19 AM »
NRA APC, Rif front

Modified half track?

Offline arc3371

« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2012, 06:28:16 AM »
Republic of Rio Grande c.1953

This interests me ...any more details?

The Republic of Rio Grande (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_the_Rio_Grande) established in 1840 retaken by Mexican forces in 1844 after four years of fighting with both RoRG and its close ally the Republic of Texas. Rebelled again during the Mexican-American war that led to its recognition in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. Rio Grande has had rocky relationship to its neighbours during the 20th century which has led to it having a small but well trained Army. Rio grande is closely allied to the Republic of Yucatan.

The depicted tank is named for the first Commander in Chief and later President Antonio Canales Rosillo.

Offline arc3371

« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2012, 06:43:20 AM »
NRA APC, Rif front

Modified half track?

Sort of, Sd.Kfz. 7 tracks combined with a modified Sd.Kfz.231 6-Rad chassi
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:45:30 AM by arc3371 »