Author Topic: Ford Bronco Classic  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
Ford Bronco Classic
« on: April 07, 2012, 04:05:35 AM »
I have no clue if there is a kit available of the mid-60's through mid-70's Ford Bronco, but I'd love to convert one to a four door variant in the vein of a Defender 110 or Range Rover Classic LWB.

Seeing as ICON has customers willing to shell out $150,000+ for a restored and modernized version, there might be some legitimacy in the thought above.    ;D
kwyxdxLg5T

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Ford Bronco Classic
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 04:15:28 AM »
Yes there was a 1/32nd scale snap kit of the Bronco available from Monogram or Revell, not positive on which. 

As far as four door Broncos go, there was a real four door Bronco (special order) version called the Centurion.  A huge fuel sucking monster with the Bronco style removable hard top on the back plus four doors. 

Ford Centurion images

The Centurion is based on the later and much larger Bronco body. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:13:53 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 04:20:58 AM »
My sister-in-law's family had their fair share of Centurions.       ::)   At the time, Tri-Met, Portland's public busses, had a sign on their rear bumper that said "43 cars are at home because I am on the road."   His jacked-up Centurion said ''43 cars are at home because I ran them over."   
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:23:26 AM by Daryl J. »
kwyxdxLg5T

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 04:24:59 AM »
My sister-in-law's family had their fair share of Centurions.       ::)   At the time, Tri-Met, Portland's public busses, had a sign on their rear bumper that said "43 cars are at home because I am on the road."   His jacked-up Centurion said ''43 cars are at home because I ran them over."

Canyonero?

(Image source: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSimpsons/comments/1jkhza/12_yards_long_2_lanes_wide_65_tons_of_american/)

the simpsons canyonero

***Edit to replace dead YouTube link and missing image -- jjf
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 03:09:32 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg