Author Topic: USMC JRB Decals needed  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Acree

• That will teach you to frustrate the powers that be...won't it comrade?
  • Sentenced to time in the BTS Gulag...
USMC JRB Decals needed
« on: January 31, 2016, 03:30:14 AM »
Kind of off-the-wall.  For an upcoming GB, I need decals for a US Marine Corps JRB (or other similarly sized aircraft) in 1/72 scale.  I know that they were pretty non-descript, but I would love a "MARINES" title, perhaps a globe and anchor.  The national insignia I can find lots of places.  Anybody have any ideas?

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
Re: USMC JRB Decals needed
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 03:36:01 AM »
What is a US Marine Corps JRB  ???

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 03:58:28 AM »
It is the Beech Model 18 Exploder.

JRB-1: Photographic aircraft for the U.S. Navy, based on the C18S,[27] fitted with fairing over cockpit for improved visibility, 11 built[47]
JRB-2: Light transport for the U.S. Navy, based on the C18S;[27] 15 built[47]
JRB-3: Photographic version, similar to C-45B; 23 built[47]
JRB-4: Utility transport version, equivalent to UC-45F'; 328 built.[47]

The JRB-1 was used to train very TALL pilots:

Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 05:05:34 AM »
Are you after any particular scheme - e.g. red-outlined markings or otherwise?  Given the JRB (C-45/Beechcraft Model 18) weren't exactly large, you could just about use any suitable era decals from another USMC platform.

By way of example, the F4U Corsair was some 33 ft 4 in (10.1 m) long whilst the UC-45 was 34 ft 2 in (10.41 m) long.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Acree

• That will teach you to frustrate the powers that be...won't it comrade?
  • Sentenced to time in the BTS Gulag...
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 09:39:01 AM »
GTX Admin - Are you after any particular scheme - e.g. red-outlined markings or otherwise?  Given the JRB (C-45/Beechcraft Model 18) weren't exactly large, you could just about use any suitable era decals from another USMC platform.  By way of example, the F4U Corsair was some 33 ft 4 in (10.1 m) long whilst the UC-45 was 34 ft 2 in (10.41 m) long.

Yes, you are quite right, and that's probably the route I will go.  There would be a very small "JRB-3" or "JRB-4" designator on the fin, but at 1/72 scale, I can probably live without it. 

At any rate, now I can't even find the JRB/C-45 kit I though would be so easy to find!  I found one on E-Bay but got outbid.  So, I am working on an alternative plan while I keep looking for that kit. 

Thanks for the suggestions!