Author Topic: M2A2 Bradley IFV  (Read 3220 times)

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
M2A2 Bradley IFV
« on: December 15, 2013, 08:11:05 PM »
Finished this up today ...... a 28mm Empress Miniatures (ex Imprint Models) Bradley.

A few details were added (wip pics in my Queeg Tank Treads post) and it took me some time to get the colour right as this is my first large scale US modern. Shortcomings of the model aside I think it scrubbed up quite well - it looks like a Bradley at least! Also gotta admit that the more moderns I do the more I enjoy them. Probably a large touch of nostalgia as my first 2 complete wargame armies were '90s GHQ modern micro armour, US and Warpact.

Anyway brush painted with GW acrylics over enamel primer. Decals came from a 1/35th Academy M113 (danger - mini rant - wish manufacturers of gaming vehicles would stock/supply decals for their vehicles). Troops are modern Kiwis from the Skirmish Sangin range, not painted by me unfortunately, I just have them on hand to take pics of them for their website.

As an aside I'm just about to start a stash of Airfix British modern vehicles for the owner of the Bradley who's gonna be using all this stuff with the Skirmish Sangin rules. So more moderns on the way ..........

cheers
Brent

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:22:26 PM by Queeg »

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
Re: M2A2 Bradley IFV
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 06:05:57 AM »
That's 28mm :o :o

Great job.. I initally thought it was 1/48 using one of those horrid Zhengdefu kits that you had whipped into shape.

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
Re: M2A2 Bradley IFV
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 07:24:25 AM »
That's 28mm :o :o

Great job.. I initally thought it was 1/48 using one of those horrid Zhengdefu kits that you had whipped into shape.

Well it still needed some whipping into shape ............

As for scale, I'm calling it 28mm because it's designed for use with 28mm wargaming figures.
The actual scale is an oddball 1/50th, chosen I think because it fits with the diecast gaming vehicles from Solido and Dinky which are commmonly used with 28mm figures. So it's in the middle of the two conflicting scales, !/48th and 1/56th. As such though it shoul dreally be able to mix in with both on the table .........

Brent