Author Topic: Steampunked Goggles and stuff....  (Read 12147 times)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Re: Steampunked Goggles and stuff....
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 07:31:54 AM »
I dare you to Steam-Punk a leather couch 8)

Offline TerryCampion

• Be careful asking for his photos…he might send them to you!
  • Radish by a new moniker
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 08:06:40 PM »
Looks good..

Meanwhile my camera phone seems to be working once more and so here's the skull I finished recently.
First unpainted, then finished.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 05:31:53 AM »
a button for his left eye ... reminds me of my teddybear ! ;D

Is the screw thru the nose cavity holding his brain in ?

Offline TerryCampion

• Be careful asking for his photos…he might send them to you!
  • Radish by a new moniker
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 02:51:56 AM »
Three helmets of decorated for Rocky Horror.
A friend contacted me to say he wanted a helmet, dirty and punked, for an Eddie costume.
So I bought a cheap military helmet from the local military supplies shop in Burton-on-Trent. Chinese and £9.99. I stripped the loose camo cover off and ensured the sizing could be adjusted. Deciding on fixing an giant ant to the front, I drilled a few holes and superglued screws in appropriate places, adding door knobs to each side to help keep the goggles in place.
I sprayed it black and made repeated washes in browns and black washes to create a depth of colour. The Ant had previously been screwed in place from the inside, and was further fixed with superglue.
The skull was one of many I have from Hallowe'en, sanded, painted and glued onto a screw. The metal  features on the front are golden metal, weathered and glued in place. Decals from the spares box.
Goggles fitted and hey presto.
I immediatly bought 2 more after starting the first.....one for my wife and one for myself.
Same process followed, but Mid didn't require goggles so no door knobs fitted. Hers received purple and black washes, as well as a silver lightning flash on one side. The cricket insect is again screwed in place and the screws on each side feature bolts and beads.
My red helmet features a plastic spider screwed and painted in gold shades. Knobs and goggles. I primed it in red primer (the others were black) and then went to town with various washes. All were a lot of fun.
More pictures while wearing them at Manchester in a couple of days time.