Author Topic: Pimp My Gun and Pimp My AirSoft  (Read 62539 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Re: Pimp My Gun and Pimp My AirSoft
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2012, 01:01:04 PM »

Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2012, 01:43:24 PM »
That second one looks interesting.  What have you done exactly?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline dy031101

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »
I attempted to combine the SVD's stock, trigger placement, and trigger guard with the rest of the SVDS (this could be done only via Photoshop, of course).

And then add a Doctor red dot sight to the scope.
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline dy031101

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2012, 10:21:18 AM »
Maverick's work eventually got me into doing ARs with an integral suppressor......

Originally it's to be with a sniper scope, but I've put out boat loads of those already, so this one gets battle rifle treatment with Aimpoint red dot sight and magnifying unit.  I was also trying to present a "bull barrel" (no taper behind suppressor and gas block), most of which ending up covered by the handguard......  :P

Inspired by the following videos:
Ep.6 pt.1 AK-47 Silencer

Ep.6 pt.2 AK-47 Silencer

This one uses a standard contour barrel and, due to the AR47 lower receiver, 7.62 x 39mm chambering.  It's set up for a carbine (Krinkov-equivalent) capacity, so Magpul CTR stock is used.

I hope I'm presenting 16" barrels correctly for both guns as well.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:33:26 AM by dy031101 »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »
If you have not viewed the videos from FPS Russia's Channel at YouTube I suggest you get over there and watch them all.  Aside from the entertainment value and things blowing up this guy has been able to get his hands on a number of weapons that I can only dream about.  Some of my favorite videos from FPS Russia are the AA-12 fully automatic 12guage shotgun and the 40mm Bofors (yes, 40mm Bofors) which definitely does some serious damage even with inert training ammunition. 

The most recent upload from this guy is a video on the
AAC Honey Badger SBR (Short Barrel Rifle)
with integrated sound suppressor. 

The Honey Badger fires the AAC designed 300 Blackout 7.62X35 cartridge

click for larger image

L-R: 300 AAC BLACKOUT 125 grain plastic tip, 300 AAC BLACKOUT 125 grain match, 300 AAC BLACKOUT 220 grain subsonic, 5.56mm NATO, 7.62x39mm
(image source: Silencertalk/Wikipedia)

The exploding zombie targets are very entertaining!     
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:30:23 PM by jeffryfontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline dy031101

Is my awful sense of scale playing tricks on me again?
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2012, 02:18:26 AM »
The attached picture is also a 16" barrel with integral suppressor.

Which brings me a question: does the word "integral" merely mean that the suppressor is one-piece with the barrel (meaning I have to extend the suppressor of my previous works to maybe the over of a 20" barrel rifle...... I only hope that I can keep the carbine-length gas system in this case), or does the length of the integral suppressor count within the length of the barrel as well?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:22:41 AM by dy031101 »

Offline Maverick

• Suffers from 'Fat Fingers' and accidentally locks his own thread...
  • Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2012, 05:40:36 AM »
Donny, most integral suppressors I've seen have a short barrel which the suppressor wraps around.  The suppressor is usually quite long in comparison to this barrel whilst the barrel itself is usually quite short compared with an unsuppressed weapon of the same design.  Whilst the suppressor can be removed for stripping, it's certainly part of the weapon proper.  I believe that in most instances, the ported barrel (ie: one with holes or slots drilled into it to vent the gases) and the suppressor are seperate components. 

There is usually a difference in design with purpose designed suppressed weapons vs regular firearms redesigned for an integral suppressor though.

In all of this, if the bullet isn't a subsonic load for a rifle type cartridge, the weapon won't be 'silent' (quite few are in real life) and regardless of the bullet report, the action of the weapon will still be 'noisy'. 

The DeLisle silent carbine apparently has the lowest signature of any suppressed weapon, but the bolt to reload the rifle is quite noisy by all accounts.  It should be noted here that it was a 45cal weapon with subsonic bullets, rather than a rifle calibre, supersonic bullet weapon.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline dy031101

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2012, 06:58:51 AM »
The suppressor is usually quite long in comparison to this barrel whilst the barrel itself is usually quite short compared with an unsuppressed weapon of the same design.

I guess it means that I'll be lengthening the suppressor after all......  ???

The AR15 will be up to date at around 2100 EST thanks to the way Photobucket works......

As for the AR47...... I'll treat it as a Krinkov-equivalent then.

==================================================

Oh and speaking of Tommy Gun:

Sons of Guns- Super Tommy Gun
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:44:23 AM by dy031101 »

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2012, 10:12:42 AM »
The DeLisle carbine. Was my favourite weapon in "No one lives forever". Awesome game in its day. Wouldn't mind seeing them re-launch this series.

Oh and speaking of Tommy Gun:

Sons of Guns- Super Tommy Gun

Guy at 1:12: "That will do some damage!"

Yeah, if you want to knee-cap and head-shot the Hulk in a single burst - at point-blank range. Damn, those bullets were going everywhere. Muzzle was climbing faster than a mountain goat.  :o
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline dy031101

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »
The DeLisle carbine. Was my favourite weapon in "No one lives forever". Awesome game in its day. Wouldn't mind seeing them re-launch this series.

Totally agree!  That and the P-38 in both suppressed and non-suppressed configurations are my favourite.

Guy at 1:12: "That will do some damage!"

Yeah, if you want to knee-cap and head-shot the Hulk in a single burst - at point-blank range. Damn, those bullets were going everywhere. Muzzle was climbing faster than a mountain goat.  :o

And looks like it's already fitted with a muzzle brake...... or should they have had the sense to put a better one on that gun?

Offline Scooterman

• Professional A-4 Stalker...and stealer of Rule 3.
  • Even his underwear is embroided with Skyhawks...
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »
Rat taggers

Offline dy031101

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2012, 05:42:34 AM »
Another integrally-suppressed gun.

I would have wanted to put on a night sniper scope though.  ???

Offline dy031101

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
I know, I know, having 7.62 x 39mm as a DM round is already kinda pushing it......

That's what watching reality tv show on a gun shop run by an AK lover does to me though......

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:19:50 PM by dy031101 »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2012, 04:22:53 PM »
I wandered over to the Pimp My Air-Soft page and tried to create something and discovered to my great displeasure that something is conflicting with the page as it will not show any parts once they have been added to the box that is your work area for assembly of your pimp weapon.  If you change to a different weapon or accessory link all of the pieces in the work area disappear.  For example, the work area goes empty once you change from say the Barrett M82 to add on a scope from that section, all of the Barrett parts disappear.  If you return to the Barrett link the parts reappear in the work area but you can not add parts from any of the other links.  I have been using FireFox each time and had no issues with this page previously so it has me wondering if something has gone wrong with the page. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »
Donny, I don't think it's that unrealistic to use the M1943 round as a DMR weapon.  The Israelis use CAR-15s! as DMR weapons firing 5.56, so a Russian DMR weapon using their 7.62 or even 5.45 isn't 'odd' in my opinion.

Jeff, I just tried it on both versions with IE and no issues.  Knocked up an ACR with a scope, saved ok, knocked up a SCAR-L with a holo sight, saved fine.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline dy031101

« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2012, 11:58:30 PM »
I use Chrome with PMG.  Not a single problem so far......

Offline dy031101

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2012, 06:49:10 AM »
I was kinda wondering what the Red Jacket crew (whose boss, like I said, seems to have quite an appreciation for the AK and AK-derived weapons) used to create this AK "Sniper".

Sons of Guns - First 1,000-Yard AK

Despite the show only refering to it as an "AK", I'm inclined to agree with the mainstream opinion that the base gun is a Saiga in .308 Winchester.  The crew shortened the gas system and added a quad rail, a pistol grip, a match trigger, as well as a Magpul PRS.  My awful sense of scale prevented me from guesstimating the length of the barrel though.

Offline dy031101

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2012, 02:51:03 AM »
I wandered over to the Pimp My Air-Soft page and tried to create something and discovered to my great displeasure that something is conflicting with the page as it will not show any parts once they have been added to the box that is your work area for assembly of your pimp weapon.

I guess I was being an idiot when I first look at your comment.

When I attempted to recreate a XM29 that I did before (replacing the kinetic part with a MP7) in PMAs, I did have a few parts disappearing on me when I switched between weapon templates (like the 25mm barrel or magazines disappearing when I clicked on the MP7 menu).

I had to use Photoshop to add small parts.  Fortunately PMAs uses a simpler colour palette set than the PMG does.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2012, 02:53:19 AM »
You forgot the bayonet :^)

Offline Scooterman

• Professional A-4 Stalker...and stealer of Rule 3.
  • Even his underwear is embroided with Skyhawks...
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2012, 07:20:42 AM »
This one I keep in the car to fight off road rage.

Offline dy031101

No PMG graph this time, just some random idea
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2012, 09:30:32 AM »
You forgot the bayonet :^)

Well I guess I'll have to run it through Photoshop in depth some day (see the first attachment).

=====================================================================

I figure...... if a Saiga 30-06 can be dressed up (second and third attachment) like a Tabuk DMR (forth attachment) (except for the magazine since it's a .30-06 rifle we're talking about)...... sounds to me like a wolf in a sheep's clothing (no, I don't mean that Tabuk is a bad weapon; just that a properly-loaded .30-06 sure would make a better sniping round than the 7.62 x 39 mm?)  >:D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 09:59:23 AM by dy031101 »

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2012, 10:19:48 AM »
Donny, it also depends on the type of application as to whether a round is suitable enough or not, not just calibre.  At moderate ranges (say within an urban environment) a sniper optimised AK variant would be more than adequate.  There's also the issue of 'production' rounds vs 'match'.  One normally hopes that in a sniper weapon, the latter is being provided.  With a DMR type though, I'd assume the former.  I've even seen 12g slug shotguns with scopes & bipods set up as urban-sniper weapons.

It's also worth remembering the DMR role is one of 'marksman' rather than 'sniper'.  Quite a different utilisation of weapons and different weapons in the first instance.  I've previously mentioned that the IDF employed CAR-15s as DMR weapons with bipods, scopes and the like.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline dy031101

« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2012, 10:57:55 AM »
It would most probably be desirable for a DMR to share ammo with regular infantry weapons (SDM-R, SAM-R, and Tabuk) or GPMG (M14 DMR and Dragunov).

.30-06 would be more like a much weaker version of .300 Winchester Magnum, so in this case I was just thinking of...... something more modest than that Red Jacket contraption.  ;D

Offline dy031101

« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2012, 02:07:41 PM »
No Photoshop edit this time......

Offline dy031101

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2012, 12:12:59 AM »
Plain version of SL9SD