Author Topic: Police and Law Enforcement Vehicles  (Read 27103 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Police and Law Enforcement Vehicles
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2015, 04:59:53 AM »
"Revenue Collectors"
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2015, 10:58:55 PM »
Unfortunately, turning the SA Police into a revenue raising arm is exactly what the SA government is trying to do. >:D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2015, 03:31:34 AM »
More from the TGPD

and back to the "aint taking no prisoners" class of police vehicles

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2015, 10:22:33 PM »
Unfortunately, turning the SA Police into a revenue raising arm is exactly what the SA government is trying to do. >:D

There was a story the other week that SA and NT should amalgamate into one super state, my objection to this is in the NT we are progressively increasing the zones with no speed limit and have an open road limit of 130km/h elsewhere while SA has a max speed of 110km/h and they are progressively dropping many limits by 10 or 20km/h.  I fully anticipate instead of unlimited zone between Alice and tenant it will be dropped to 50km/h with a speed, whoops sorry I meant "road safety" cameras every 500m.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2015, 03:10:05 AM »
There was a story the other week that SA and NT should amalgamate into one super state

Back to the future:  NT was part of South Australia from 1863 to 1911:

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2015, 09:28:48 AM »

There was a story the other week that SA and NT should amalgamate into one super state, my objection to this is in the NT we are progressively increasing the zones with no speed limit and have an open road limit of 130km/h elsewhere while SA has a max speed of 110km/h and they are progressively dropping many limits by 10 or 20km/h.  I fully anticipate instead of unlimited zone between Alice and tenant it will be dropped to 50km/h with a speed, whoops sorry I meant "road safety" cameras every 500m.

Yup. :icon_twisted:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2015, 03:34:32 AM »
New one:  NSW Police McLaren 650S:

There was also this Aston Martin Vanquish Volante:

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2016, 01:04:47 PM »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2017, 04:00:23 AM »
The above car is now not happening due to the Mustang getting such a low safety rating.

That said, here are two more images of the mockup:

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2017, 09:19:08 AM »
Ford are apparently grafting active safety systems from the Focus etc. to rectify the problem in the 2018 model Mustang due out latter this year.  Why not just go the Focus RS as a police car instead?

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2017, 09:42:53 AM »
Ford are apparently grafting active safety systems from the Focus etc. to rectify the problem in the 2018 model Mustang due out latter this year.  Why not just go the Focus RS as a police car instead?

Towing a super-aero caravan to carry the malefactors?  ;D :icon_fsm:
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2017, 10:49:25 PM »
Sadly the Focus has more usable room in the back than the Stang (my wife wanted a Stang but we have three kids and although she may consider ditching one or more of them on occasion.....).  Besides highway patrol cars aren't about arresting and detaining people, they are about defrauding them ;)

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2017, 12:08:15 PM »
Many years ago in Adelaide, South Australia there was a newly opened Freeway.  Driving on that freeway fairly frequently there was a large, V8 Jaguar with a turbo fitted to it's engine.  No local police car could catch it.  There were frequent grumblings from the local police that the naturally aspirated V8s from Holden were, in a word, "useless" when this thing came burbling past at 180 km/h (maximum state speed limit was 110 Km/h).

Mistibushi heard of this.  They were working on fitting a turbocharger to their Starion sports sedan.  They went to the SA Police and asked if they'd like to test the turbocharged version of their Sigma Sedan.  "Yes, please!"  Answered the Police and so plans were laid to trap the Jaguar, "in the act".  So, early one day, they set up their trap.   Along came the Jaguar, chase was given by the patrol car, a normally aspirated Holden V8. The driver gave all he could but he couldn't catch the Jaguar.  Suddenly from an on ramp came the normal, naturally coloured (all Police cars were a powder blue in those days) Sigma.   The Jaguar slowed down a little but the Sigma speeded up.  So the Jaguar sped up.  The Sigma passed the Jaguar at 190 km/h.  The fully uniformed Police officers flagged him down and pulled in front of him.  He slowed to a halt and was found to be a middle-aged Doctor who was laughing in his driver's seat.  He knew his days of speeding were over.  The Coppers all apparently had smiles on their faces as well, they knew they'd caught the bugger.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2017, 09:31:48 PM »
Unfortunately, the Sigma didn't make it to full operational use because it was found to be too dangerously unstable at high speed, took forever to stop & wore through tyres like a b!tc# (when tromped, it spun its wheels on every automatic gear change). :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:58:37 AM by Old Wombat »

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2017, 07:05:56 AM »
The Sigma passed the Jaguar at 190 km/h. 

Just like the Bronze...out to steal your pride.