Notices > Forum Notices

Suggestions and Issues

<< < (3/60) > >>

coops213:
Not urgent and probably not an issue that affects everyone, but do you know if Simple Machines offer a mobile interface for their forums. I know some forum software does. Trying to post from an iPhone is a pain, it's one of the things that bugged me on the other forum.

Cheers,

Chris

Talos:

--- Quote from: coops213 on December 12, 2011, 04:09:02 PM ---Not urgent and probably not an issue that affects everyone, but do you know if Simple Machines offer a mobile interface for their forums. I know some forum software does. Trying to post from an iPhone is a pain, it's one of the things that bugged me on the other forum.

Cheers,

Chris

--- End quote ---

I believe they do, but I'm not certain. There is also this: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2504

Needs to be enabled by Greg too, but it's easy and instructions are in that link.

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Talos on December 13, 2011, 12:30:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: coops213 on December 12, 2011, 04:09:02 PM ---Not urgent and probably not an issue that affects everyone, but do you know if Simple Machines offer a mobile interface for their forums. I know some forum software does. Trying to post from an iPhone is a pain, it's one of the things that bugged me on the other forum.

Cheers,

Chris

--- End quote ---

I believe they do, but I'm not certain. There is also this: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2504

Needs to be enabled by Greg too, but it's easy and instructions are in that link.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestion guys - looking into now.

Be careful Talos, proving you know something about working with the SMF software is a good way to volunteer for additional duties...:)

Regards,

Greg

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: jeffryfontaine on December 12, 2011, 09:10:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: Frank3k on December 12, 2011, 02:53:24 AM ---Only minor issues - the CAPTCHA for the forum registration is really difficult to make out. Once I entered the correct sequence, I got an database error (a timeout error) but I was able to log in.
--- End quote ---

I experienced the same problem myself during the registration process and again while making changes to my member profile to add my avatar and some other tweaks. 

***Update

Same thing again while posting this comment.  Had to open a new page and close the original at which point, my comment had been posted.  Certainly odd and hopefully it can be resolved.

--- End quote ---

Looking into this guys.  Please be patient as the IT illiterate stumbles along here :)

Regards,

Greg

Talos:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on December 13, 2011, 01:54:09 AM ---Thanks for the suggestion guys - looking into now.

Be careful Talos, proving you know something about working with the SMF software is a good way to volunteer for additional duties...:)

Regards,

Greg

--- End quote ---

Bah!

I'm just skilled in Google-fu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version