Author Topic: Pimp My Gun and Pimp My AirSoft  (Read 62414 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Re: Pimp My Gun and Pimp My AirSoft
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2012, 04:24:21 AM »
Looking forward to it.

Nothing out of the ordinary by contemporary standards this time, but I always like the idea of the venerable one dressed up to go with the current workhorse:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 05:22:24 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2012, 04:38:08 AM »

6" longslide, magazine release and slide stop of standard, ejection system and thumb safety of a "portsider" variant. Designed specifically for a left-handed shooter--southpaws can work a mag catch or slide release with our trigger fingers as well as righties with thumbs without having to twist the weapon and risk weakened grip, and everything being operated by the trigger finger helps enforce "Off Target, Off Trigger" safety rules. Obviously, splitting the slide-stop ad thumb safety requires changing to a dual-plunger-tube design.

Right-hand version isn't a perfect mirror image, but uses a standard set of cuts and keeps trigger-finger operation with an ambidextrous release. This eliminates the "handed magazines" problem that has plagued all previous left-hand  1911s.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:41:25 AM by Diamondback »

Offline dy031101

« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2013, 10:45:32 AM »
Cool handgun idea.  8)

===================================================

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:28:52 PM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2013, 10:58:21 AM »
Oh, that's straight from scans of the US Army Tank-automotive & Armaments Command (TACOM) plans... I just did a little creative cut-and-splice to stretch the slide and reverse the ejection port and safety.

Other than that, I like my 1911s as "Plain-Jane WWII GI Milspec" as possible, though I'm not opposed to adding laser sights.

Offline dy031101

« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2013, 04:26:27 PM »
I finally got around attempting walnut textures......

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:22:38 PM by dy031101 »

Offline dy031101

PMG Code for G11
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2013, 11:50:02 AM »
Any H&K G11s coming guys?

By pure chance I've stumbled upon PMG drawing and import code for the HK G11 (code is in the pastebin link), so anyone wishing  to give it a shot may do so.

Now I'll just need to find a code for the scope-mounted rail ring......

Offline dy031101

« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2013, 02:44:41 PM »

G11 with scope-mounted rails.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2013, 03:28:59 AM »
 :)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline dy031101

« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2013, 10:28:02 AM »
SL8 modified with carbine-length gas system, railed forend, and integral suppressor.