Author Topic: Pimp My Gun and Pimp My AirSoft  (Read 63875 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Re: Pimp My Gun and Pimp My AirSoft
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2012, 01:09:27 PM »
Certain parts in the new app come as "grouped" items, meaning they have subcomponents that can become individually-selectable when you click on the Ungroup button (with the grouped assembly selected before you click).

To illustrate the point, I copied Scooterman's road rage stopper rifle.  Note the SOCOM stock.

The collapsible part of the SOCOM stock becomes individually-selectable after I "ungrouped" the stock.

Other "grouped" assemblies include (but are probably not limited to) iron sights and grenade launchers.  So yeah, you can actually mix-and-match the EGLM and M203 components under the PMG environment.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:30:04 PM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline Maverick

• Suffers from 'Fat Fingers' and accidentally locks his own thread...
  • Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2012, 06:43:57 PM »
Thanks for that info Donny.  I never actually took notice of that function, so it's handy indeed.

Getting back into it, I had some shizengiggles with these couple:

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »
Ok mister you can have the wallet. To bad it's empty.

Brian da Basher

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2012, 08:46:45 AM »
Some more from me, inspired by the Live Resin kits and another:

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline arkon

• Paper Building Maestro
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2012, 10:28:32 AM »
to mav= the "match" grade ammo i have says it is only for marksmen qualifing and competion only not combat.
the paper gods demand sacrifice

Offline dy031101

« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2012, 12:54:15 AM »
to mav= the "match" grade ammo i have says it is only for marksmen qualifing and competion only not combat.

Sniper rounds probably underwent some kind of modification themselves during their transition from being match rounds; or maybe snipers are trained to shoot vital spots whenever possible, so performance after hitting the target might not be as important as performance in "getting there" in the first place?

Just my uneducated guess.
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2012, 07:01:22 AM »
Arkon, one reads about 'match grade' ammo rountinely being issued to snipers.  In fact, most sniper rifles are designed with that type of ammunition in mind with some more exotic weapons having ammunition developed specifically for the weapon.  Whether a company produces match ammo and then suggests it isn't for combat is moot.  The sniper will choose the ammunition most suited to his role and that invariably means match grade as the quality control of normal ammunition isn't tight enough to ensure reliability required.  Of course that doesn't mean that sniper rifles can't fire normal ammo or that some nations would issue stock ammo to their snipers.

Donny, shot placement is obviously something that snipers train for, but rather than a 'vital spot' they will shoot for centre mass like everyone else should be doing with aimed shots unless they are specifically taking a head shot.  The importance of 'getting there' is critical to their role/mission hence the use of match ammo.  Whilst wound ballistics and terminal effect is important, the bullet's flight and accuracy are far moreso.

Regards,

John

Regards,

John

Offline arkon

• Paper Building Maestro
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2012, 08:15:03 AM »

i think the ammo ihave says not for combat is because of the hollow point
the paper gods demand sacrifice

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2012, 09:05:13 AM »
That would be quite understandable.  I believe the Geneva Convention specifically states that 'expanding' bullets (ie Hollow Points) are illegal for use within war which would explain the info on your ammo.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »
 Totally mental! ;D

SOURCE

On second thought, why not? For some law enforcement scenarios? GL loaded with something non-lethal. And if that still doesn't help.... >:D
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Silver Fox

• Talk to me Goose!
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2012, 06:03:15 AM »
Dirty Harry has a new love interest!  :)

Offline dy031101

« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2012, 08:38:54 AM »
I've always been thinking of such a rifle except for the use of standard revolver ammunitions and (since suppressor would be pointless in this case) a bull barrel.  ;D

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2012, 01:11:57 PM »
"Rules for Warfare"  to me is a - Say What?    Rules ?    ???
I can think of a guidline  ---  Use overwhelming force.

Is like rules for a bank robbery.  Leave your name, address, SSN.  This so we can make a filing with the IRS for tax purposes.
After all,,, this is taxable income and you are required to leave this information before receiving the money.  No info - no money !

Offline dy031101

A Week Of Bullpups
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2012, 11:04:40 AM »

My attempt at an AUG HBAR-T.  I didn't like the idea of a barrel-mounted bipod though, so I replaced it and the stock foregrip with an underside rail and rail-mounted T-Pod.

================================================================

The AUG was then modified to represent the AXR, an American-made AUG clone that can accept STANAG magazines.

Was thinking of this when I did it.

Could someone educate me on where in an AUG the weapon's select-fire capability is determined?  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:13:42 AM by dy031101 »

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2012, 11:35:03 AM »
Donny, I believe it's got a progressive trigger: ie one that fires semi-auto with the first pressure, going to full-auto with the trigger pulled completely back.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline dy031101

« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2012, 01:37:40 AM »
Hum...... then I hope the trigger of AXR (which is semi-auto only) is on the list of parts interchangeable with those of AUG......

Now I start wondering if the foregrip of this one is too low......

Offline mikejapan

• Keep modeling! You'll get better
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2012, 02:25:38 PM »
I'm a fairly realistic guy when it comes to guns.
I'll probably upload more pics later.
I've always been a fan of the M16 family

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2012, 08:57:04 PM »
"They're rifles not guns!!" just like my Sgt used to say,  ;D

Seriously though, this current fad with sand/beige/tan (pick your choice of bleh) furniture makes me wonder when the rest of the weapon is black or gun metal.  Obviously I've seen fully cammed up weapons, but sticking that colour of furniture on a basically dark weapon doesn't seem to make any sense.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline dy031101

« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2012, 01:55:35 AM »

.500 S&W Magnum

Further suggestion would be appreciated.  I'm actually wondering if a smaller, lower-powered scope would already be sufficient.

I'll probably upload more pics later.

The more the merrier.  :icon_beer:

Ten years ago I was still seeing some magazines "predicting" that the AR15/M16 platform will never make a good basis for a marksman's rifle or even an infantry weapon.  Look at what we've got now.

Obviously I've seen fully cammed up weapons, but sticking that colour of furniture on a basically dark weapon doesn't seem to make any sense.

Some camouflages aim to break up the outline rather than altogether blending in.  Although what it does as opposed to a full camo is still beyond me.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:22:42 AM by dy031101 »

Offline mikejapan

• Keep modeling! You'll get better
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
Here's more of mine.
The first one is a complete custom rifle.

And my own M14

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2012, 04:58:18 PM »
Some camouflages aim to break up the outline rather than altogether blending in.  Although what it does as opposed to a full camo is still beyond me.

Camo tape, hessian & the like breaks up an outline, but a solid colour does little to change the obvious shape of a weapon.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline dy031101

« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2012, 08:29:56 AM »
Someone made a Galil .308

Offline dy031101

« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2012, 04:57:45 AM »
A quick one after stumbling across The Marine 2 on Spike TV.

Inspired by the mentioning of a foldable visor helmet stock earlier in this thread.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:45:19 AM by dy031101 »

Offline dy031101

« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2012, 03:16:25 AM »
I am struggling to execute some of the ideas I have in my head......  :-\

In the meantime, I messed around with the AR-15 platform again for pass-time......

Upgraded M16A1 and A2 carbines

Trying to mimic elements of the Philippine Marine Scout Sniper Rifle on a M16A2

SPR-wannabe out of an AR-47 with carbine-length gas system

Now back to getting stuff for my mental note thread......  :-X

And Happy Boxing Day, people!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:36:09 PM by dy031101 »

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2012, 07:21:07 AM »
I'm just a keep it simple sort... for home D, make mine a vintage 1928AC "Chicago Typewriter". For sidearms, I've actually done a little redesign on the M1911A1, will post concept blueprints later...