Author Topic: "Asteroid of Death" spaceship, by Frank R. Paul  (Read 17656 times)

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
Re: "Asteroid of Death" spaceship, by Frank R. Paul
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »
The Astronaut figure is finished. Not really happy with how this came out (especially considering the amount of testing that went into this).

The instrument panel on his chest is from a 1/32 Eduard color PE set for the P-38. I added another PE piece with buttons (not seen) from the same set to his left arm, and another piece of PE to the back of his left hand. I used a Molotow Liquid Chrome Marker to make it a mirror (so he can see the instruments on his chest). This stuff is really shiny! The faceplate is pretty chear - the lights just caught the Future layer a bit funny.

The coiled rope is actually 0.2mm (or 0.4mm) waste ABS that oozed out of my printer. I have tons of this stuff. At least I'll never need stretched sprue again!

This should match the artwork better. The axe is from a random Tamiya figure sprue, the microphone/Geiger counter thing is the tip of an antenna.

Side view - look at that shiny mirror on the back of his hand!

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: "Asteroid of Death" spaceship, by Frank R. Paul
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2017, 05:42:27 AM »
That's some mighty fine figure work, Frank!

Sure looks every bit the business to me!

Love your attention to detail with the mirror and the dials, etc.

Brian da Basher