Author Topic: Wyrmshadow's Assorted Whifs  (Read 39923 times)

Offline Wyrmshadow

• Likes to reinvent the wheel
    • Deviantart page
Re: Wyrmshadow's Assorted Whifs
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2023, 01:29:50 PM »
another flying shot
13mm door mguns firing

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2023, 10:05:59 PM »
I'd suggest half your problem is blade length/number.

Looking at how close to the fuselage those engines are the prop's must be really short!

To get any thrust out of them you'll need to either move them much further out or fit 5 or 6 blades to the propeller - probably similar to short versions of the square-tipped Mustang blades.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Wyrmshadow

• Deviantart page
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2023, 12:28:06 AM »
I'd suggest half your problem is blade length/number.

Looking at how close to the fuselage those engines are the prop's must be really short!

To get any thrust out of them you'll need to either move them much further out or fit 5 or 6 blades to the propeller - probably similar to short versions of the square-tipped Mustang blades.

It's a pusher prop in the back. There is nothing attached to the engine nacelles. I did increase the blade length and that helped a little. At the moment it's really back heavy. I have to trim the pitch a lot.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2023, 05:07:00 AM »
It's a pusher prop in the back. There is nothing attached to the engine nacelles. I did increase the blade length and that helped a little. At the moment it's really back heavy. I have to trim the pitch a lot.

Okay ... so those podded engines shaft-drive both the contra-rotating rotors and the compound pusher prop?
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Wyrmshadow

• Deviantart page
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2023, 10:08:07 AM »

Okay ... so those podded engines shaft-drive both the contra-rotating rotors and the compound pusher prop?

Yes. This was my 3D rendered version from last year.