Author Topic: Tophe's slanting views  (Read 356452 times)

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
Re: Tophe's slanting views
« Reply #700 on: March 04, 2015, 12:39:20 AM »
Thanks! This is a new reason to be twin-boom, yes! ;)

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #701 on: March 08, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »
No, the tales above were fantasy. Now, let us speak about History, the true one, even if we are here in English lesson, disappeared languages department of University:
(translated from Chinese):
After the Nagazaki tremendous explosion, the Japanese emperor went very sadly to the radio and explained "Yes, I admit, our generals were very wrong conquering China, Indonesia, the Philippines, and we have been punished now, but Europeans had been exactly as wrong conquering America and the World, so they are going to be punished now, burning babies and all just as well. I tell solemnly A6M2012 Maya pilots and technicians, go!". Then from 2 Japanese secret submarines in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans took off these weird prototypes, bringing volcano super-activator loads in a no return mission, heroic. And the full Yellowstone continent did explode, destroying North America, and Iceland did explode, destroying Western Europe. The Pacific tsunami destroyed Japan also, and civilisation came back in China! Glory to the Mitsubishi A6M2012!"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:35:38 AM by Tophe »

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #702 on: March 11, 2015, 01:33:43 PM »
No, seriously: in January 1945, all Japanese shintoist priests gathered (in the small unknown Hiroshima town) to make a miracle, and a special A6M19 Zero was sent over the holy Fuji-Yama volcano fumes to get its strength. It came back transformed with a volcano on itself! This "airplane half-God" was sent to intercept the 1,000 bombers coming to destroy Tokyo and they were all destroyed! Then this heroic A6M19FY Fuji-Yamo was sent in missions over Washington State then (with its infinite range) over Washington DC, and it erupted over there, killing deliciously the evil babies and all, and Japan won the war! Thanks Gods!

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #703 on: March 12, 2015, 02:26:53 AM »
And here is the push-pull version of the Hirth Hi-24:

Offline arc3371

• Takes no responsibility should anyone try to turn the drawings into plastic...but we will still hold him accountable for the madness that ensues!!!
« Reply #704 on: March 12, 2015, 10:04:38 AM »
I like the Hirth 24 !

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #705 on: March 14, 2015, 02:13:39 PM »
Thanks Arc!

The second one reminded me of this great cartoon!  ;D
Thank you for this enrichment, that made me complete my site about the reasons to be a twin-boomer
http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/asym_dahu_aeroUK.htm

Offline ericr

• He's like some sort of Dr Frankenstein of modelling...
  • Has something for red, yellow or blue...
« Reply #706 on: March 17, 2015, 04:03:38 PM »
 :)

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #707 on: April 11, 2015, 02:44:16 AM »
Thanks!
And here is the P-38X-2, a 4-engined version of the Lightning:

(as there was no budget for such a 4-engined fighter, it used two double V-1710 aka V-3420, and so it was ordered with Congress approval...)
But could it still have a nose wheel?

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #708 on: April 11, 2015, 10:13:30 PM »
A drag reduction change was tried, with a (warm) prone pilot above the starboard engines, then the USAAF decided not to continue with 4-engines and come back to only 2, and this was the P-38Sam, built in 38,038 copies, (Sam standing for Samysetric, but the nick-name was Uncle), that won WW2, being above all other fighters in dogfighting, with 'impossible' moves:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #709 on: April 19, 2015, 01:15:19 AM »
My (5-year old) son Jacky has invented a new way to make air-war: fancy clown disguise.
The strategy is this: a clown fixed face is adapted on a special nose of our fighters, they took off and the bad enemy planes (seeing them coming) are persuaded these are gentle clowns coming to play and have fun... then: "bang, you're dead!"...

(Daddy Tophe does not like kill playing, but little Jacky loves this - "this is not real, eh!") ???

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #710 on: April 19, 2015, 03:20:06 PM »
Nice story Tophe! :)

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #711 on: April 26, 2015, 10:52:37 PM »
Thanks lauhof!

A different strategy (but somehow similar) was used on the P-38Do (the story in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dora_the_Explorer seems to be wrong, as the source airplane is dated 1940): this was a lovely camo, for passive defense against killers: who could shoot down such a tender little girl?

my 5-year-old son jacky adds: " cé mois ki a fé sign jacky jemsey" (translated: "it's me that made it, signed jacky jemsey")
 8) :icon_fsm: :icon_swat: :icon_ninja: :icon_music: ;) :) :D >:D :icon_alabanza: :icon_killbill: :icon_crap:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #712 on: May 03, 2015, 02:41:57 AM »
To export their push-pull to Italy, Dornier had to invent an intermediate between Do-335 and Do-335Z:

:icon_fsm: :icon_ninja: :icon_music: :icon_swat: :) ;) :D >:( 8) :o ::) >:D :icon_alabanza: :)) :icon_crap:

Online finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #713 on: May 03, 2015, 03:17:35 AM »
Do like the Do-335Z :)
Another of your wana build in styrene drawings.

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #714 on: May 03, 2015, 03:21:26 AM »
Do like the Do-335Z :)
The 4-engined Do 635 (aka Do-335Z) was a true project, to protect the bomber of New York or something, and I prefer fantasy crazy dreams, as far as I am concerned. ;)

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #715 on: May 03, 2015, 05:52:35 AM »
And a trimotor is so much more Italian!  :)
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #716 on: May 04, 2015, 02:38:45 AM »
The P-61P Super-Black-Widow was a push-pull twin-fuselage fighter with 2 radar noses (for the new XZ technology, ahem: maybe this is still secret):

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #717 on: May 14, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »
Do you know the Thunderbolt main secret? The P-47 in service History starts with the classical P-47B, but the secret P-47As were top secret: both long range P-47A (or P-47Asy) and very long range P-47Az (or P-47Asy²) were built in 47,047 copies, yes, I swear it was true (last night in my dream):

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #718 on: May 22, 2015, 12:21:26 AM »
I still have a problem with the aesthetics of the regular P-47... I try to improve in unconventional way...

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #719 on: May 24, 2015, 06:09:18 PM »
from http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5458.0 :
according to the secret sources I have access to (every night, closing my eyes), this Republic fighter between P-43 and P-47 was simply the P-45 (officials speaking of "Bell P-45 Airacobra" to fool the spies)

Well, there are discrepant sources... Another secret projects was actually a Bell P-45A "Airacobra", as a missing link between P-39 and P-63 while different: pusher propellers, zwilling fuselages, port P-39-like tail/wing and starboard P-63-like tail/wing:

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #720 on: May 28, 2015, 05:22:44 AM »
I like it  :)  Your Bell P-45A would also be a good way to contrast conventional versus laminar-flow airfoils  ;)
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #721 on: May 28, 2015, 11:44:09 AM »
Thanks for this interpretation, providing a reason (apart from delirium...). Yes, and to test profiles without interference of air vortex from front propeller, the pusher layout was an obvious choice... :)

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #722 on: June 14, 2015, 02:07:09 AM »
In 1944, the (top-secret) F-61 was not a renamed P-61 but a long-range reco plane:

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #723 on: June 14, 2015, 02:37:27 AM »
Very nice job, Tophe! 8)

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #724 on: June 15, 2015, 12:11:58 AM »
Thanks a lot, Lauhof.

Well, this is not the end of the F-61 history: in 1945, a project of F-61 reco squadron on top of Mount Everest was made (for flights over all China), and this required more power (F-61EEE, like Everest Extra Engines):