Author Topic: Sikorksy S-61 Sea King  (Read 20736 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Re: Sikorksy S-61 Sea King
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2019, 02:07:23 PM »
RH-3A Sea King minesweeping variant.  'Said to be underpowered but an interim anyway.

Air Vectors claims that Sikorsky thought up an ultimately-unbuilt three-engine Sea King variant.  Or would a notional "RH-3H" be adequately powered, too?
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2023, 07:17:51 AM »
Bump !  After seeing the new 35th Tahoe kit from ICM, it strikes me that the problem with all chopper kits is the size required to display them due to the main rotor.

So I thought to do away with the rotors & substitute variable position jets ala Harrier ....
I have an old Revell CH-54 & the engines always disappointed so maybe if I add the engine section of a 48th Harrier  ??? ???

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2023, 07:25:31 AM »
Intriguing  :smiley:

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2023, 07:38:41 AM »
@
Bump !  After seeing the new 35th Tahoe kit from ICM, it strikes me that the problem with all chopper kits is the size required to display them due to the main rotor.

So I thought to do away with the rotors & substitute variable position jets ala Harrier ....
I have an old Revell CH-54 & the engines always disappointed so maybe if I add the engine section of a 48th Harrier  ??? ???

I would rather see you kit bash a V-22 Osprey with the CH-54.  That would get rid of the ugly arrangement of the engines/transmission and drive train to the tail rotor.  Replace the tail rotor and tail with the twin tail from the V-22.  Still have an ugly aircraft but the performance might be a little better :smiley:
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2023, 12:38:03 AM »
I would rather see you kit bash a V-22 Osprey with the CH-54.  That would get rid of the ugly arrangement of the engines/transmission and drive train to the tail rotor.  Replace the tail rotor and tail with the twin tail from the V-22.  Still have an ugly aircraft but the performance might be a little better :smiley:

That could prove interesting
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2023, 07:56:28 AM »
@
V-22 fuselage to just aft of the electronics bay behind the cockpit, then a cleaned-up clpseput amd a bppm mating with the standard V-22 wing and extending back to pick up the tail surfaces.  Landing gear would be similar to that of the Tahoe, again off the boom to the tail.  overall design would have to take into account the large ring for the stowage of the wing.