Current and Finished Projects > Aero-space

Douglas A-20 What-If WIP

(1/4) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:
Attached images of my what-if A-20 Havoc(s) work in progress.
 This is my second attempt at the Havoc.  My first attempt was unsuccessful due to a making a wing cut that did not go quite as straight as I was hoping for.  I was trying to make an A-20 with folding wings for a what-if U.S. Navy torpedo bomber which would become the TB2D-1 Havoc to replace the Douglas TBD-1 Devastator. 

I decided to put some details inside the rather austere bomb bay as a solid start to the project.  As you can see in the attached images there are two Havocs under construction. 

Old Wombat:
 :smiley:

apophenia:
Looking good, Jeff!

Is your folding-wing TB2D-1 Havoc on hold due to that wing cut issue ... or is one of these fuselages destined to go to sea?

LemonJello:
What type of wing-fold are you planning? Corsair-like or Hellcat-like?

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: LemonJello on April 16, 2024, 02:24:08 AM ---What type of wing-fold are you planning? Corsair-like or Hellcat-like?
--- End quote ---
As a Douglas product, it would be more like the wing-fold on the TBD-1 Devastator.  I failed in my first attempt at a wing-fold when I made an error in the cut across the chord of the wing, it went a bit janky and I was very displeased with the results.  Also the Monogram Devastator kit as parts included to insert in the folded wing which by some strange coincedence matches the wing airfoil on the Havoc.  The challenge is getting those Devastator parts to fit inside the Havoc wing at right location to allow for the wing-fold to be created.  Otherwise, it will be another dismal failure for me.  :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version