Current and Finished Projects > Other

Gimme Shelter!

(1/3) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:
More things created from bits and pieces within easy reach.  This time it consists of the engine access doors from a pair of Tamiya 1/35th scale M5 Stuart light tank or the M8 75mm HMC kits.  Both have identical parts runners and the part is not used in either of these kits. 
I first glued both parts together so that both parts combined would create a larger double door.  Once that was accomplished I set it aside and pursued other projects for a few days while trying to find a use for this "double door" thing.  As luck would have it, my Muse must have given me an idea which you can now see in the attached images. 

Other items that were used for this project:
Sanding stick stiffeners, the white triangle shapes at the rear and inside as structural reinforcements.  The lower internal fuselage floors sections from the Tamiya 1/48th scale Lancaster B.IIIS Grand Slam and Dam Buster Bomber kit.  I used these parts for the top and side panels.  Once assembled I cut away the excess plastic to obtain the peculiar shape you see in the attached images.  No idea on what it will be used for.  I was glad to be able to create something from pretty much nothing. 

Old Wombat:
Fallout VaultTec Vault emergency exit hatch.

This has relevance with the new Fallout series beginning on Amazon Prime (I think) soon.

Unfortunately (like Halo) not something  that I'll be able to watch.

Kerick:
I like this. Since there are rivets around the doors you know what you have to do to the rest of the structure!

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: Kerick on March 15, 2024, 05:00:33 PM ---I like this. Since there are rivets around the doors you know what you have to do to the rest of the structure!
--- End quote ---
No other structure to work on.  What you see is all there is.  An assemblage of bits and pieces to create an entrance structure that is above ground.  As for why?  Parts were calling to me to do something "creative" so I did.  It might end up as part of the background clutter on a display base for another subject.  No plans for it beyond that. 
If you have any suggestions on what to do with it I could transfer it to you for further trials.  :smiley:

Buzzbomb:
I really like this simple re-use of parts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version