Current and Finished Projects > Other

AFV Club SNAKE Demolition Charge Parts WIP

(1/3) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:
Not a lot to say about this beyond the huge PITA to assemble and poor fit of the parts.  Acquired from a seller on eBay out of curiosity.  Configured the pieces in what I perceived to be for storage and shipment before actual use. 

Old Wombat:
Well, whatever the issues, you've done a good job of it, Jeff! :smiley:

Frank3k:
I agree - it looks good.

Jeffry Fontaine:
Thanks for the kind words. 

Dry fitting of the pipe sections was a breeze with the seams appearing to be nearly invisible.  Great expectations that were soon foiled as soon as the liquid cement was applied to join the sections together.  At this point I was committed and found great disappointment upon seeing the closed seams open up before my eyes as the cemented together sections cured and discovered that there was no way to undo what was now a finished assembly.  A good coat of paint should help in obscuring the blemish but yeah, it sucks when the dry-fitting looks  so much better than the finished product. 

Buzzbomb:
I am huge Churchill fan, but for some reason, this kit is not on my list of must haves.
So good to know where the possible problem areas are, in case one does find a way into my collection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version