Current and Finished Projects > Other

The Mohicans (1/35)

(1/3) > >>

Frank3k:
I recently bought the Masterbox "Indian Wars Series, XVIII century. The Mohicans" kit:

I liked the figure poses; they look useful for all sorts of scenarios, including post-apocalyptic. The rifles and some of the gear look more like 19th Century than 18th, but it didn't bother me.
The Mohican figure made me laugh, and I decided to build him first. In most figure kits - if the subject is German - there's always one figure pointing into the distance. Maybe Herr Mohican is pointing at the mystical town of Bielefeld.

Masterbox kits can vary in quality - even on the same sprue. Some parts are well detailed, others less so. Some figures, (especially of women) are grossly out of proportion and size. Luckily, this kit is mostly OK. The Mohican's head had a seam going across his head and the ears were just lumps, so I replaed it with a Warriors bald resin head. Here are the two heads side by side. The replacement head looks a bit like David Carradine:

The front of the hair is Procreate resin putty. The pattern on the shirt is just a decal applied over a light blue background.
Despite the head issue, I finished the figure quickly, so I decided to build the other two. Here they are, almost finished. The guy on the right had his left hand (with a pipe) replaced by a resin hand. The Mohican's right hand is also a resin replacement, since I mangled the original while trimming off the flash:

The scarf on the middle guy is using the same decal pattern as the Mohican.

I've been experimenting with bases, so I cut down one of by foam board test bases and added a few rocks. The rifles in this kit are a little soft on details and are not glued in place, The guy in the middle is supposed to be drinking from a canteen, but I decided not to add it. He looks like he's having an animated conversation with his buddy:

I could have added decals for some of the other details, but I wanted this to be a quick build. Overall, there were few issues. I had to undercut the clothing a bit, but that's standard fare with most styrene figures.

Kerick:
Very nice work! Way better than I could ever do.
My only question is with the manufacturer who included two European characters and only one who could be called a Mohican. Just strange.

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

Frank3k:
I think they just made up the title and added figures from roughly that period. Maybe the two other guys are Mohican equivalents of Weeaboos

Old Wombat:
Maybe he's James Fenimore Cooper's "Last of the Mohicans"? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version